[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 pm

dislekcia

Postby Astral on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Lol

I actually mentioned that bug in a VGT thread half a year ago, wasn't sure that it was fixed or not, and in the end I forgot to test it and post here. Silly me :lol:

Sorry, and next time I'll make sure to post bugs here.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Gakato on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 pm

It also seems that Mystera's punishment for getting mana burned is not working properly. The first time it is working fine, but curing it and getting mana burned again does not inflict a punishment. I only managed to get punished once, tried this with the same enemy, different enemy, as well as curing through mana potions and level up.
Gakato

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 am

dislekcia

Postby Gakato on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 am

(Edit: Maybe I confused you with the word "punishment". I didn't mean the punishment for not having enough piety, but her reducing piety when you are getting mana burned. I edited the following text to be more precise.)

Yes I had mana. I just tested it once more:
Half-Dragon, Halls of Steel, Mystera Prepped -> worshipped her of the bat, searched a wraith -> mana burned got piety reduced for getting mana burned -> leveled up -> hit a lvl 3 wraith -> mana burned but piety untouched -> drank mana potion -> hit again -> mana burned once again but again Mystera didn't care.

This video got me to test it out myself: http://youtu.be/rSPF5Psdq4U?t=37m31s
There you can also see that Mystera reduced the piety only for the first mana burn, afterwards only piety for casts are gained despite getting mana burned every time. Then finally she gets mad for killing a magical user.

However, maybe that bug is already fixed in your version?
Gakato

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 pm

dislekcia

Postby lieronet on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Was WHUPAZ changed recently? I appear to be doing normal attack damage in addition to the 25% total HP damage.
lieronet

Postby Gakato on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Yea the WHUPAZ was changed. It takes the current hp of the enemy as the base now. So you can even use it when your enemy is already below 75% hp.
Though this introduced this strange double strike thing, which might be a bug. It is also quite strange how it interacts with the reflex potion. In this case there is definitely a bug in the prediction UI: Hitting a lvl 10 meat man with 1140 hp with reflex+whupaz predicted an outcome of 855hp (only old style whupaz?), though it really left him with 727 hp.
After some calculations I came up that it had to be happened in this order:
1140 hp -> 1067 hp (first strike dealing 73 damage) -> 800 hp (75% of 1067hp) -> 727 hp (second strike dealing 73 dmg)

I also tried to calculate this with might and knockback but came to no result. No clue what's going on there.
If somebody else wants to have a try at it:
enemy: 760hp no resists
you: 49 base damage, 80% attack bonus, 50% knockback (knocking the boss into an enemy deals 19 damage), Might buff
This results in (without knockback): first strike (with might): 102 damage, second strike (without might): 88 damage
The 760 hp was predicted to drop to 532hp (makes sense for only reflex potion?), though he was even dropped to 367hp.

So ya not sure what is wrong there, but somewhere needs to be a bug. If it's a visual prediction thing or the whupaz mechanic itself, I don't know.
Gakato

Postby Tinker on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:19 pm

I encountered a couple of oddities (maybe bugs, maybe just not intuitive for me). I used the web-based version of the game.

First of all, I had Knockback and a Strength Potion effect and attacked an opponent standing next to a wall. The predictor showed me what I believe was full damage (regular + knockback) being dealt based on my boosted base damage; however, after actually attacking, the monster only took damage equal to my boosted regular damage plus unboosted knockback damage (as if my strength effect wore off before calculating the knockback damage). I don't know if knockback damage should be based on boosted or unboosted strength, so depending on that we may have a bug with either the predictor, or the damage algorythm.

Second thing may actually be a feature not a bug, but anyway. I attacked an enemy with Death Protection and fully depleted its health with a single strike. I had first strike. The enemy applied its pre-DP trigger damage (even though its base damage went down when its DP triggered). At first I thought that it was a problem with the predictor, because it showed the same amount of damage (predicting multiple strikes). Which may actually still be a bug of sorts, irrespective of how current strike resolution is indented to work, because future monster damage is for sure lower.

Third, there is some weird, weird mojo happening with Cursed Oasis when playing as a Goat. I had the crazy idea to try get around my goat's wavering faith by levelling up in the Curse Realm, assuming that as only my altar is visible, the game will pick it again. Well I guessed wrong, apparently I switched deities nevertheless, however I think it is bugged, because the tile where the altar was got revealed to me in the Curse Realm, but the altar itself did not show up! I thought it was just a graphics issue, but no, even going to that tile did not allow me to interact with the altar until I got my curse stacks cleared. I could see my previous altar normally in the curse realm, but I could not interact with it (which is normaly for the Goat). Then I went back into the normal realm, and levelled up again, converting to the third deity - with the same effect. My first two altars were visible in the curse realm, but my new (active) one that I just converted to was not. I could see the tile, as it was highlighted, but the Altar was not accessible. So when I went back to the normal realm I was really surprised that my previous two altars were no longer existing in the normal realm, only the curse realm. I leveled up another time and switched again. The effect: all three altars were visible in the curse realm (but only my current altar was usable - this part is normal for a goat). However, only my current altar existed in the normal realm.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby lieronet on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:28 pm

As a Fighter, if you Absolve an enemy, it doesn't disappear from the popcorn-o-vision.
lieronet

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons