[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:00 am

I just found an extra solution to the counting death puzzle: Cast CYDSTEPP, kill the snake, regen 5 mana, hit the meat man twice and use WONAFYT. Attack the rat, level up off the slowed meat man and kill the king. You end with 2 extra health potions and can ignore the goat. Heck, you could take out the goat and health potions and simplify the puzzle.

Lol, Jay just got a third solution that ignored WONAFYT. You really got to fix that puzzle.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

BUG: Right Click Combat 2

Postby Xpyder on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Another bug in Right Click combat, likely related to the no need to chase blinking enemies bug

Description: First strike from GETINDERE doesn't apply properly when using right click combat

Steps to Reproduce:
Start Halflings level 2 puzzle (explorer's guild)
Get to Zombie with Getindere, full health, and death protection burned (I know this is an incorrect solution to the overall puzzle)
Right click zombie, Space, Space
Notice it says your next attack would be death, and that the zombie has 9 health
hit G to activate GETINDERE
Notice it says next attack would be Safe (should be a win actually)
hit Space
Notice that you die and zombie still has 9 health
Xpyder

BUG: Right Click Combat 3

Postby Xpyder on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Another bug with Right click combat, likely related.
I'm starting to think that it may be precaching the results in right click combat and not applying new effects properly.

Description: BYSSEPS effect sometimes not applied during combat

Steps to Reproduce:
Start Halflings level 2 puzzle (explorers guild)
right click first goblin
B, F, Space (this hits with a fireball and a bysseps attack)
NOTE 1
Tab, recycle BURN glyph, P, Tab (this makes a potion and drinks it)
NOTE 2
B
NOTE 3
WARNING: if you move the cursor here, the effect corrects itself. The bug only occurs if you use just the keyboard after drinking the potion
Space
Notice that combat resolves as it would have before you hit BYSSEPS, except the might power is gone and you are still at 0 mana

NOTE 1: Notice that the bysseps took effect properly
NOTE 2: Notice it says SAFE rather than Barely Alive, but the damage values indicate that you would be at 2 and Goblin would be at 1
NOTE 3: Notice it says SAFE rather than WIN, but seems to indicate no damage would be dealt to either party, and also that the might icon is indicated on your character portrait and you are now at 0 mana

Addendum: to try and add more clarity I'm basically saying to hit B, SPACE after drinking the potion and to watch your mana, buffs, and combat outcome before and during each step
Xpyder

Bug: Right Click Combat 4 (total crash with error)

Postby Xpyder on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:15 pm

I have a screenshot of it but I'm not sure how to attach it to this thread.

Description: Reproducible crash

Steps to reproduce:
Start Hello, Halflings 3 (ring of death)
Right click minotaur
Space, T, left click minotaur (this attacks and teleport swaps with the minotaur )
Grab the health pendant
Move just above the minotaur
P, Tab (you have to Tab to select the minotaur portrait, otherwise space doesn't attack)
Space, Space
Go sing Mini Minotaur by Tobuscus (optional)
Lament your lack of tartar sauce.
Xpyder

Bug: Shifting XP values within same level

Postby Xpyder on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 am

Description: XP for a mob drops from 5 to 4 when I kill a different mob but don't level up.

Steps to reproduce:
Start Gnomes 3 (In The Middle)
Teleport swap with Wraith, grab and use 2 mana potions
Teleport swap with Meat, grab fireball
Fireball wraith, attack, attack (wraith should die and break your death protection, you should level up)
Teleport swap with snake, grab blade and shield
Notice the Meat Man is worth 5 xp (which + the 4 xp from zombie should be enough to level up)
Kill zombie
Notice the Meat Man is now worth 4 XP, not enough to level up anymore.

I'm willing to accept this is not the correct solution to the puzzle, but then it shouldn't indicate the meat man is worth 5
Xpyder

Re: Bug: Shifting XP values within same level

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm

dislekcia

Re: Bug: Shifting XP values within same level

Postby Xpyder on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Xpyder

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:28 pm

dislekcia

Postby Naoya on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Look at the combat display - it displays more dmg than I'd actually do. Most likely the knockbag damage, but there's nothing I could knock the goblin into. The really odd thing is it only gets displayed that way if I stand next to a monster; I walk right up to the goblin, the correct amount of damage gets displayed.

(On a sidenote, Titan Guitar is a silly idea on a Half-dragon. Don't do it.)

Another one, Crusader: Killing plants usually doesn't affect your momentum - unless you use a Fireball. Furthermore, using Fireballs on plants won't halve your momentum immediately- the attack after it will. Even if its a plant or an enemy that you oneshot. Definitely useful if you have to get past barbing bushes, but I'm not sure if it's intended.
Naoya

Postby flap on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am

Gold not being spent :
After winning a dungeon, I wen't above the cap my bank allows me (1562 instead of 1500). Ok, I thought, I'll spend it ! And thus went unlocking the haflings and the gnomes. However, after having unlocked both, I still have as much money.

Edit : after upgrading the bank (and being above the cap anymore) I could spend normally my money on the wizard tower
Last edited by flap on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
flap

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons