[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Tinker on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Found an interesting bug in today's Daily (Goblin Fighter on Cursed Oasis). I used the Wicked Guitar to boost the level of monsters; and afterwards, a L10 Animated Armor was no longer visible in the Cursed Realm:

I'm guessing this is the script that prevents the Cursed Dragon from being visible in the Curse Realm, though this is probably an unintended interaction...
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:36 am

It amazes me that things can still be discovered as wrong in this game... Damn.
dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:24 am

Tinker

Postby Spleen on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:57 pm

I figured Naga City Goatperson would be hard, but Daaaaaammmmmn

Didn't actually affect gameplay, just a visual bug where the goatperson's sprite didn't move after talking to the hooded figure.
Spleen

Postby Tinker on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:57 am

I think something changed with how knockback interacts with burn stacks (probably with one of the latest patches). Just posting to check if things are the way they ought to be (otherwise it's a bug! :lol:). In short: burn stacks seem to double-detonate when the monster is knocked back with PISORF. I saw this with a WIZARD, I'm not sure if it replicates with other classes, or whether it is somehow tied to some Wizard-specific feature.

Exhibit A: I'm targeting a monster with PISORF. The monster has 4 burn stacks. My base damage is 25 (so knocking the monster into the wall should do 25*60%=15 damage). All's well with the predictor, it shows I'll do 19 damage (15 knockback, plus the 4 burn stacks popping).

Exhibit B: However, after actually casting the spell, the monster seems to have taken 23 damage instead (15 knockback, plus *twice* of the 4 burn stacks that got popped).

(I also tested with knocking one monster into another. It does the same. However, even weirder, is that the second monster also seems to take one dose of burn-stack pop damage on top of the regular knock-back damage. How? :roll: )

I guess further testing is due to see if this is wizard-specific (or not). BRB.

EDIT: Tested with a Tinker. So no, it's not Wizard specific. PISORF base damage seems to be increased by the amount of Burn Stacks (this damage is applied to both monsters); and then the burn stacks pop, which damage is only applied to the monster hit.

EDIT2: So I experimented a bit with monsters with resistances. The burn stacks damage suffers a reduction based on the monster's magic resistance. So monsters take damage as follows (casting PISORF on Monster1, slamming it against Monster2):

KD (Knockback Damage) = damage of PISORF, reduced by the physical resist of Monster 1
BD (Burning Damage) = number of burn stack on Monster1, reduced by the magic resist of Monster 1
So Monster1 takes KD+2*BD damage; Monster2 takes KD+BD damage.
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:18 am

Ok, here's another weird bit. In today's Daily (Halfling Tinker in Slime Pit) my TriSword went totally crazy. I quaffed a lot of potions, and some of them while the Trisword was not fully depleted, so maybe it somehow confused the CP-tracking. Anyway, it somehow climbed up to be worth 62 CP, though it should be worth 35 CP plus (I think, 1 CP per damage point when charged, or something like that).

EDIT: I started to pay attention to how TriSword works. Seems like I have been mistaken before. TriSword seems to get a flat +3 CPs for each potion quaffed, and it never loses CP value afterwards. I had another run where I pushed a TriSword's CP value above 80 this way. I could have sworn that I remember it losing CP just like Crystal Ball / Fire Heart, but maybe I remember wrong...
Tinker

Postby zayyeh on Fri May 13, 2016 7:18 pm

For knockback thingie check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FgvGFXcn8E
Whurgarbl, avatars codex and knockback. Damage prediction in the end doesn't count for like 40 extra damage and basically is wrong all the game long. Any ideas where you get these extra 40 damage?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 18, 2016 5:03 pm

dislekcia

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun May 29, 2016 5:14 pm

When you trigger the red death warning in Gaan-Telet on a floor and then change to a lower floor, the red warning is still triggered by the (empty) tile in the location where the monster stood on the higher floor.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Tinker on Sun May 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons