Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Volume

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 am

I'm seeing (Or hearing I guess) VERY little difference between 25-50-75-100% volume. Anyone else getting that feeling?
topagae

Possible missing sound effect: Coins. Autopickup potions

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:56 am

I'm not getting the sound effect that used to be present when picking up coins. As designed?

Not a bug but a question: Why aren't potions auto-picked up anymore?
topagae

Possible exploit: Potion slot moves around when you pick upi

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:01 am

[Summary]
Possible exploit: Potion slot moves around when you pick-up items

[Labels]
exploit, ui

[Priority]
Depends on if this can be exploited to make potions take up a lesser slot, if not intended as this then it's pretty bad.

[Operating System]
Windows 7

[Browser (version)]
Firefox

[Pre-conditions]
1. In a dungeon, brought potions.

[Steps to Reproduce]
Can't tell exactly how I get this since the dungeons are random, but I got this many times pretty easily.

1. Pick up LOTS of spells.
2. Pick up a spell that has no slot (I.E you only have a physical slot left.)

[Observed Behavior]
It SEEMS like the potions will go into a lesser slot to let your spell come in. If this is intended it's ugly and not informed in the tutorial. If not it seems like a bug, maybe a lesser exploit

[Expected Behavior]
All UI behaves consistently, design is clear, tutorial informs players of all features, and no exploits =P.

Links:
Pics or it didn't happen!
http://screencast.com/t/TIplwkZEme9
topagae

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby gl4d on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 am

After receiving mana burn with multiple classes the characters health no longer regenerates. In the free version health would regenerate just not the mana until leveling or consuming a mana potion.
gl4d

Postby Jaxzar on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 am

I second the potion auto-pickup. Was really missing that feature. Maybe have that option turn on automatically once the first potion is picked up? It doesn't make much sense to continue asking once you've already picked up a potion and thus used up a slot.

Another non-bug nitpick is something that bothered me a little bit in the alpha, but even more now that there's so much riding on whether you finish a dungeon or not. This could possibly happen with any monster, but the Gorgons seem more prone to it due to their petrification ability. I finished a dungeon (just absolutely nailed it, one of my best runs ever) and accidentally clicked on a Gorgon AFTER having beaten the boss and most of the monsters. This of course resulted in an instant loss. Again, that's happened in the alpha, but that was never any huge deal, since each dungeon is just its own little game, not really tied to any future upgrades or rewards or anything (that and it's mostly my own fault anyway). But still - seems like it would be simple to have a sanity-check kind of thing that makes sure you don't kill yourself after beating a dungeon due to a stupid thing like that. The thing that makes it really frustrating is that due to the random nature of the dungeons, losing a really good run (one that you had already finished/beat) just plain sucks. Plus I think with new players to the game, they might not be as familiar with the petrify thing and think "oh yeah it's just a L1 Gorgon" and click on it without thinking. I've done that as well.

Several bugs:

-In the first few dungeons each glyph spawns twice.
-The quit button in the main menu does nothing.
-Not sure if this is a bug, but the mana bar does not always show the amount of mana that will be used up (by the darkened area). The only way I could get it to always show this is hover the mouse over the other glyphs (this is after clicking on a glyph once, intending to use it).
-The blue flag appears on the Explorer's Guild even when there is nothing new there. It re-appears after just about every dungeon.

Win 7 64bit
Chrome 12.0.742.122
Last edited by Jaxzar on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxzar, Dwarf Rogue
Jaxzar

Postby Esoteric on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:42 am

Error Dump in the Rock Garden, after going down the stairs with lvl 4 Gnome Sorcerer, seeing a circle of ground surrounded by a pit, with a gorgon on a land bridge to the north. Attack, getindare, attack and then the dump pops up.

By anesotericman at 2011-08-01

-Vista, Chrome
Esoteric

Postby 232 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 am

A couple of minor ones:

After killing a creature, clicking on the spot the creature was on didn't move you, you either had to move the mouse somewhere else then back on to that square, or click several times.

After the second tutorial the signs on your kingdom say Outpost and Huts. After the third tutorial it changes to Guild (LV0) and Humans (LV1), but the advisor recommendation on the right says to upgrade your outpost.

Using Windows 7, 32 bit. Browser is Firefox 5.0.

Oh, umm... will there be a way to delete old profiles?

Mana and Health potions disappearing

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am

From way above, can confirm that both the quest givers take ALL mana/health potions instead of just one.
topagae

Explorers Guild Part 2

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 am

Before getting the bank, there was a tooltip in the advice box saying the next batch of puzzles in the explorers guild opened up. It never did, and still isn't open after getting the bank and all the base races.
topagae

Easy way to see stats

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 am

When I Want to see traits and info on items, on monsters especially I can't hover on their tool tips without moving my mouse off them, makes it hard to study up and make good ol' tactical decisions.

What brought this on was the troll monster. Had NO Idea what "Cowardly" did.
topagae

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons