[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:41 pm

1) Corrode yourself to obscene levels (80-100). EM will do. Generate a bunch of plants, then cut them all. Have DP.
2) Position yourself between any monster with a knockback and another monster.
3) Hit the knockback monster.
4) Bug one: notice how the corrosion damage did not apply to the second monster. :(
5) Bug two: If that second monster has blink, it will blink away. Well, I did not attack it!!! If I pisorf some other monster into the blinking one, it does not blink.I guess it is because it checks for YOUR proximity, instead of the source of the damage.

Two bugs for the price of 1! :)
video: https://youtu.be/RvQyHYBttv4

This is very sad, because I was hoping to 1-shot bosses this way. You can get self-corrosion to practically unlimited levels. WEYTWUT the minotaur, WEYTWUT the boss, 1 DP, done. So you need 2 DP in total to kill both bosses. Don't even need CYDSTEPP, just be a Fighter + find Badge of Honour.
AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Actually that's just the intended (if really strange) corrosion/knockback interaction. In fact when you self-cannon into an enemy, the corrosion is applied from the enemy you actually HIT. You can try it with Rat and WEYTWUT to see. If you have player knockback as well, you can apply the corrosion on your cue ball (who also has knockback) to 3 different enemies at once! Credit to Srid for discovering this.

And yes, that interaction with blink is also consistent. The same thing happens with Cowardly, in fact.
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Last edited by AvovA17 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:00 pm

AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:34 pm

The monster and you are not equals. Player knockback and monster knockback are fundamentally different (for example, you can't die from monster knockback, and it won't break your DP). The burning trick can be used to damage 4 enemies at once, but burning stack pop is not affected by corrosion, so the corrosion interaction is capped at 3, I'm afraid.

I don't understand why you think blink/cowardly is inconsistent. If a monster takes damage and it is next to you after you've damaged it (so you haven't knocked it back) then it will blink If you PISORF another monster into it, then by definition you can't be next to it, so it will not blink. It isn't necessarily you who has to deal damage to it.
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:00 am

AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 am

I think we're looking at blink mechanics in different ways. As I see it, the monster doesn't care about who actually damaged it - it cares that it took damage, and that there is an immediate threat (the player) near it. If such a threat isn't there, then it has no reason to blink. It doesn't make sense to me that the monster should blink when it's not immediately in danger, from its point of view.
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:59 am

AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:08 am

True. I guess it's just a weird artifact of how monster knockback works in the "normal" case I described. Self-cannon is pretty weird in general.
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:13 am

El Potion Loco sub is broken:

1) If you worship MA, and use the wand on the warlocks, MA punishes you.
2) If you worship Taurog, and use the wand on the warlocks, no piety. Huh?
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons