[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby big al on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 am

Not sure if any of these have been reported, but couldn't find any by searching in this post. (I'm new here - is this the right way to report bugs? Is there any public bug list?)

In the puzzle "Starter Pack->Positioning", it gives a popup early on saying "Glyph conversions earn you a permanent bonus to attack. This gives you just enough damage to kill a goat with one strike instead of two!" However, you can currently start the puzzle being able to 1-hit goats, even before you convert the glyph.

Also, I went through the first ~4 puzzles in the starter pack, and got halfway though the positioning one. I then exited out to the menu by choosing surrender. This brings me back to the puzzle list which did NOT have the blue flags next to the ones I've solved. I could then exit out this menu and reenter the starter puzzle pack menu again, and all the blue (Completed) flags show up.

Thanks!
big al

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 am

Naga Cauldron doesn't seem to be counting poison, either at times or at all. Mana burn gets counted, poison alternatively doesn't register in the predicitons, or at all (have seen both happen). And nothing registers in the mana bar. If it looks like I'm just repeating myself - I spent 2 hours testing this particular thing, and this is what it boils down to...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 am

dislekcia

Postby paplaukes on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 pm

I tried using compression seal on my shield but it didn't work:
http://www.desktopdungeons.net/wp-conte ... _shot1.jpg
Not really a bug I'll admit... :)

Edit:
and a real one, of wrong combat prediction. I fireballed the wraith twice then mousovered the goat. Scary.
paplaukes

Postby Halion on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

A few things I've noticed with puzzles:

Possible non-issue that will be fixed as the UI changes - Blue completion flags only appear after returning to the kingdom screen and re-entering the Explorers' Guild, after you finish a puzzle and return to the menu it is not yet marked complete.

The goat at the end of the first tutorial dungeon doesn't actually deal enough damage to kill you. After you find the final sign, it changes its combat prediction from the entertaining "talk" to "safe".

Irrelevant style detail that has been bugging me for 18 months - The powerups tutorial describes Arcane Amplifiers as useful for "alliterative endeavours". Surely this could be "alliterative activities". ;) (Cue debate about alliteration vs assonance).

The signs that spawn after repeated death in Halfling Puzzles 1, 2 and 3 ("Intro to Halflings", "Halfling Trial" and "Ring o Death") have no text. The gnome puzzle hints work fine.
Halion

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Naoya

Postby paplaukes on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Looks like a prediction bug. Sorcerer with Binlor's knockback - I don't even want to imagine the step by step damage calculation :)

Edit: it shows I "win" against a 2 level higher opponent. No knockback/first strike. Didn't attack any other mobs this time, mouseovering back and forth doesn't help. Isn't it supposed to show I'll lose my death protection? Went ahead with the attack - lost dp as expected.
paplaukes

Postby paplaukes on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:01 pm

I saw I won't be able to kill the monster and went to desecrate Binlor altar for extra piety. Got back, mouseovered the monster, crashed. I guess I'm exceptionally unlucky. I'll show myself out...
Edit:
Still dragon isles. Just leveled up sorcerer (so no bad statuses) going against a higher level snake: fireballed, used WEYTWUT on it. Combat prediction showed win(poison). Killed the snake - got poisoned. Why? GG worshipper with humility. Items of note - Battlemage ring and Dwarven gauntlets.
paplaukes

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Steel Golems and Golems share the same palette, so when both inhabit the same dungeon they can be tedious to tell apart. Given that one is physical resist and cursed, while the other is magic resist, there's a big difference in how you treat them!
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons