[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby grimskallen on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Taurog still insta-punishing you after you have converted to other Gods is a bit harsh, I can't really think of anything broken that could be utilized if this wasn't the case, is it intended?

On some dungeon as a vampire when I hit an enemy (maybe when I leveled up) I was randomly teleported to a unexplored area of the dungeon, has happened more than once (might be dungeon specific). I can't exactly recall how and when nor can I replicate this, but has anyone noticed anything along these lines?
Last edited by grimskallen on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
grimskallen

Postby Astral on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm not a big fan of Taurog's punishment either :P

Btw didn't you prep Patches the Teddy on those runs? He has a teleport on level up punishment.

Speaking of vampires, I found a bug with them on Shifting Passages. If you're 2 hits away from killing Evolvia and only have enough health to survive 1 hit, then drinking a reflex potion will make the battle predictor say WIN, even though it kills you. The first time it happened I only took a screenshot of the death screen cause I wasn't expecting this result.

http://s2.postimg.org/fd3q2yojt/waddehe ... potion.png

You can tell something is fishy, since usually when you kill yourself the red danger sign stays on the edge of the screen after death:

http://s1.postimg.org/dppukslun/waddehe ... otion2.png

I tried reproducing it, this time armed with a DP. Battle predictor says WIN, but I lose my health and DP.

http://s21.postimg.org/xhrulevon/suicide_vamp2.png
http://s9.postimg.org/kkn9yys5r/suicide_vamp3.png

There are other cases where the battle predictor is funky, like attacking AAs with lifesteal, but none of those are fatal.

If you tweak the BP, can I ask you to add a prediction for multiple casts of Pisorf damage? This would be really helpful for Orc Wizards, and could probably help people to realize sooner that this is a damage glyph too.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:00 am

I've encountered two peculiarities in recent plays:

1. Dracul seems to reward Piety for Lifesteal a second time if a monster is killed and life is stolen. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature. So let's say I keep punching a Goo, and take 4 hits to kill it, I would get +1 Piety on the first hit; nothing on the second and third; and another +1 Piety (recorded *after* the kill bonus +2 Piety) on the fourth, killing hit. It's pretty cool if it's a feature, though I can imagine that it's rather caused by the combat engine treating the killing blow and the non-killing blow as different branching events.

2. Playing a goatperson, I levelled up via Amulet of Yendor in the gauntlet of Naga City (I was already level 10). I had two altars unlocked (one belonging to Taurog, whom I was currently worshipping, and the other belonging to Binlor Ironshield). I heard the level-up audio play, and the game switched to my Deity tab like normal, but I stayed with worshipping Taurog.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Astral on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:37 pm

What is the intended interaction of Reflex potion and Crusader's momentum?

Right now the predictor calculates in the momentum loss for the 2nd attack, but in reality you deal 2x the 1st hit damage.
If anything changes I hope it's gonna be the BP, not the potion :P
TT Crusaders are just so much fun now.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby grimskallen on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:12 am

grimskallen

Postby Tinker on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:26 pm

I cast WEYTWUT on a Barbing Bush found in the Exploding Signpost subdungeon.

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 am

The Dancing Blade in the Sorcerer Silver challenge still has a "?" as it's graphic. (So do chests in Thief Chalenges).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:42 pm

This keeps happening in Ick Swamp:

The god you prep can spawn ANYWHERE. I've seen them spawn a few steps from the stairs before, but I've only ever seen them spawn on the other side of the map behind beefwalls with regularity in Ick Swamp. This happened multiple times on Ick, and I'm sure I prepped them but my screenshot taking stopped working after I took this one :(
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lieronet on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:21 pm

The order in which the game handles the consequences of spellcasting is very unintuitive. For example, I kill a Warlock with a fireball, am worshipping Mystera, and have three piety. Mystera is going to deduct piety for killing the magic user before she is going to reward you with piety for casting a spell, despite the fact that the spellcast happened first. Also, if a sorc fireballs a retaliate: fireball guy, he takes damage from the monster before he can heal with Essence Transit. Very counterintuitive.

Also, Binlor gives you piety when the golems in Rock Garden spawn. Rather amusing.
lieronet

Postby TheSchachter on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:22 am

So... I just got a crash that caused a never-ending audio stutter. Was in VGT, used Weytwut on a Gorgon; nothing particular that I'm aware of that would have caused it. The game froze and this error message popped up behind it (had to alt-tab to see it):

I had to shut down my computer to get the audio stutter to stop, even after the game was force-closed. No idea if there's any info in here to help with this issue, but I figured I should at least report it!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons