[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby fall_ark on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:53 am

fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

Was Slyer Wand ment to be able to kill the Troll in Havendale Bridge? Because it's just silly :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm

I guess he only needs "boss status" added to him. The current situation is silly as you get a level up, 150 conversion points and acess to both parts of the map for 5 gold.
Lujo

Postby Fran on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:11 pm

I don't really see the issue here, you can always pay him to cross the bridge anyway and i wouldn't consider this to be the optimal use of the slayer wand either, although it certainly makes things easy. You're missing both the bonus experience as well as the 4 additional experience you would have gained if you slayed a lvl 9 enemy.
One really could consider to remove the conversion stone in order to give further incentive to fight him, but i think its perfectly fine to kill him like that.
Fran

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Not really a thread to argue about such things, but 20 gold is not really small potatos for a newbie. And using slayer wand to kill him is probably the most optimal play unless you can kill him, or move him out of the way... He practicaly IS the map, to me bombing him with the wand is sort of like prepping Binlor to remove all walls out of a level, only cheezier.

If the newbies really need to be able to one-click kill him, then he is simply too challenging and could be toned down. After all it is supposed to be a HARD map... Without him it's just doubledoom with one boss who you can stack protections against and 150 CP, and if you pay him, at least it's Double Doom with 20 less gold. And doubledoom's can be harder than this simply by spawning the "wrong" bosses (and having the same layout as Dragon Isles).
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Nah. Screw it.

Slayer Wand kills bridge troll. Level 9 bridge troll immediately arrives on corpse. Good luck.

So, totally putting that into this week's update.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Ha! Feel free to! I will enjoy ripping its head off for ANOTHER sensation stone.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Isn't there a subdungeon where you can get multiple slayer wands? Taking down a level 9 bridge troll without one is going to be a bit of a challenge.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons