[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Are there still supposed to be spoons in Ick? I didn't find any...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Nandrew

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am

Something is freaky about GETINDERE + Rogue. I have been having TERRIBLE luck with dodge chances on my Rogue, having hit 95% odds more than once, and even then whiffing 5 times in a row. Either this is a bug, or I need to buy a ticket in the Mirror World Lottery right now.

If it makes any difference, I noticed this while playing cursed Oasis. I haven't gotten GETINDERE + Rogue elsewhere, so I haven't tested this globally.

CLARIFACTION: Those times that I hit sky-high dodge chances, my losing strike didn't end because dodge actually worked, it ended because I used up ALL OF THE RESOURCES rerolling the dodge and still failing. I don't think I'm getting artificially low odds, I think that certain circumstances turn dodge off completely.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Dodge prediction (as in what your hp bar shows) is messed up. Against a Druid, my hp bar showed me dying even though it didn't hit me.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 pm

I had another run where I reached 95% dodge chance and failed after 20 rerolls. I'm thinking that it has to do with curses, since I have had a high curse each time that this has happened, and dodges seem to work fine in other scenarios. So either Curse was intended to affect dodge chance and is not being properly implemented, or some wires got crossed and Curse is doing things to wasn't intended to do.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:25 pm

I've gotten some pretty outrageous dodge droughts/strings as well, though I can't remember if I was cursed or not in the more recent cases. This issue goes back before curse, where I've seen instances where I'll go upwards of 20 attacks without a dodge (fighting Avatar, calculated I need one dodge to win, then never get it) and other times where I'll get like 5 in a row.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

I just calculated that reaching 95% dodge chance when starting at 30% (Rogue +initial casting) is one in one million. I have had this happen three times in a row. To have a string hit 95% and then fail 20 times after that ends up being about one in one trillion.
Sidestepper

Postby Abraxas on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm

In the TT subdungeon, where you have to kill the mischiefs without getting hit, dodging an attack apparently counts as getting hit.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby fall_ark on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:45 pm

fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons