Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby OneMoreNameless on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:06 am

After upgrading the building required to use locker slots, the tutorial for locker slots asked me to select the building even though it was already selected from having just upgraded it. I had to pointlessly deselect and then reselect it again.

That this is now the absolute worst possible flaw I can find in the game puts me in much better mood. ^_^'
OneMoreNameless

Postby big al on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:41 pm

A small thing here- As a warrior, I get the little orange icons on the map that show me where lower level monsters are. However in the Hexx Ruins, there is the boss with the special attack that can absorb all the other monsters on the map- when he does this, the orange monster icons do not go away, so it looks like there's a monster in a square but when you uncover it there's nothing there.

Thanks for the awesome game and congrats on the full release!
big al

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Messing around in a new profile, I noticed this:

You never get to actually read the text in the information panel on the level 0 Guild after the Tutorial(s), since it gets immediately covered by the Class/Challenges tab.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby TwinBladeWarrior on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Should it be possible to prep dracul for Rogue Silver?

TwinBladeWarrior

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:43 am

Upgrading a building doesn't update the availability of class challenges until you deselect and reselect it again.
OneMoreNameless

Postby TheSchachter on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:22 am

In the first part of Triple Quest 3 - The Portal Perilous, the game's pathing can kill you by automatically moving you to a tile with a blood pool when clicking on a monster whose attack you would just barely survive (So that you move onto the blood, lose health, and then get killed by the Monster's attack because your health is lower than it was when looking at the prediction).

To reproduce:
1. Start Triple Quest 3 "The Portal Perilous
2. Find a monster whose attack you will just barely survive and which is also adjacent to a blood pool
3. While standing away from the monster, hover the cursor over it and notice that the auto-move pathing will move your character onto the tile with a blood pool to attack the monster (If not, move to another tile or find another monster)
4. Left Click on the monster to attack it

Does that make any sense? Let me know if you need more info. I guess it's not necessarily a bug, since the game tells me where my character will move when I hover the mouse over the monster, but it's pretty cheap nonetheless :P
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am

Uh. I just returned from a standard dungeon run, having previously prepped (among other things) the +4 base damage sword from my locker. I won the run and was still safely carrying the sword when my berserker left the dungeon. The sword had been in my first locker slot (of total six, the first four were occupied). Without quitting or loading the game or doing anything else, that slot has now suddenly reverted to carrying the Spoon.

Not that the Spoon isn't nice and all, but ...

Edit clarification: The sword didn't show up underneath the slots as being able to be lockered either (whereas the other standard item I'd carried out still did).
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:48 am

Items that you've bought from stores and then brought out of the dungeon while doing a class challenge are shown in the guild as having a cost of 0 and can be lockered for free (after which their cost visibly resets to normal). This is presumably a quirk from the fixed reward from the class challenges, but it doesn't ... feel intended.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:11 am

After successfully completing another class challenge (using the exactly zero preps allowed), I emerge to find that now my second locker slot, previously holding a 'Badge of Honour', is for no particular reason empty again. Coincidentally (or perhaps not?), the one item that I carried out of the class challenge was also a Badge of Honor. I was able to locker it. Hmm.
OneMoreNameless

Postby TwinBladeWarrior on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Should this be happening? Seems a bit unfair on sorcerers since they already don't get HP for casting B2P cos it doesnt cost mana

TwinBladeWarrior

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons