Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Naoya on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 pm

If you have Magefist, the Enemy description does NOT get updated properly. This has just killed me out of my Naga-city run that I won...first time too... Q____________________________________________Q
Naoya

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Naoya wrote:If you have Magefist, the Enemy description does NOT get updated properly. This has just killed me out of my Naga-city run that I won...first time too... Q____________________________________________Q

Can you explain a little more please? What information are you being given that's incorrect?
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Killing slowed enemies doesn't remove curse for some reason. Happened on Dragon Isles, I got one more run planned there, so I'll see if I can replicate it.
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 pm

dislekcia wrote:
Naoya wrote:If you have Magefist, the Enemy description does NOT get updated properly. This has just killed me out of my Naga-city run that I won...first time too... Q____________________________________________Q

Can you explain a little more please? What information are you being given that's incorrect?

If you hover over the enemy, you normaly see what the enemy got - death gaze, first strike, etc.
Now, if you have the Magefist, I'd assume it would also state Retaliate:Fireball. Which it kind of doesn't. Basically, the enemydescription (and the combat prediction too) doesn't update/reflect it properly. At least it didn't for me.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 am

It brings up an icon in your status over your portrait that says all monsters have it, but I agree that it needs to be changed.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 am

Vampire is still able to worship Pactmaker. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Vampire can award a faithless badge (just got one in HARD Gaan'Telet), which makes no sense.

I got a flaming HARD Gaan'Telet, which makes no sense because Horatio Doesn't Drop a trophy. I think it was allready mentioned, but I'm mentioning just in case.
Lujo

Postby FDru on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Using Transmutation Seal on a wall doesn't give the conversion bonus. Not sure if bug, but could have sworn it gave the bonus previously.

Spirit Sword (Transmuter ability) seems to conflict with Strength Potions. It's like they are the exact same effect. Also, using Spirit Sword with a higher mana pool doesn't seem to do anything. Again, not sure if bug (I only just started using Transmuter frequently enough to notice).

Lujo wrote:Vampire can award a faithless badge (just got one in HARD Gaan'Telet), which makes no sense.

Makes sense to me. You didn't worship a god, I don't think the fact that you can't is really very important. :mrgreen:
FDru

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Cursed Oasis isn't spawning a subdungeon. This is certanly unintentionally upping the difficulty.

Bug no.2: The gorgon doesn't list the attack penalty on the kingdom prep screen. It can come as a bit of a surprise.
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Bugs up to here logged :)

FDru wrote:Using Transmutation Seal on a wall doesn't give the conversion bonus. Not sure if bug, but could have sworn it gave the bonus previously.

It's never given a conversion bonus, only money.

FDru wrote:Spirit Sword (Transmuter ability) seems to conflict with Strength Potions. It's like they are the exact same effect. Also, using Spirit Sword with a higher mana pool doesn't seem to do anything. Again, not sure if bug (I only just started using Transmuter frequently enough to notice).

They are the same effect. Your base attack is always increased by 5 + current mana.
dislekcia

Postby FDru on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

dislekcia wrote:
FDru wrote:Using Transmutation Seal on a wall doesn't give the conversion bonus. Not sure if bug, but could have sworn it gave the bonus previously.

It's never given a conversion bonus, only money.

The thing is, I know I was getting the buff before but I never use the transmutation scroll on items. Anyway... assuming this is its intended behavior, you might consider clarifying that in the tooltip.

They are the same effect. Your base attack is always increased by 5 + current mana.

Okay. So they just aren't meant to stack. But it wasn't working for me if I had a weaker Spirit Strength buff up. For example if I had 10 mana and got the conversion bonus, then got a mana booster and tried to use it again (with full mana) it won't let me overwrite the previous buff with the new stronger effect. Seems like it should.

Some clarification on how this passive works would be good, too... I actually didn't even realize it was giving me attack equal to the amount of mana drained until yesterday (I though it was a flat amount, and was always trying to spend my mana before a conversion threshold to not "waste" any).
FDru

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons