All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Naoya on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Dislekcia wrote:How are you getting 2?

Via prepping one, buying the other.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Wait, that's possible? I thought you couldn't buy what you prepped (as in it wouldn't appear in shops).
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Actually, you can. Though it usually takes ridicoulous amounts of scumming, its doable and quite fun if it works.... is it not supposed to work?
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:08 pm

I don't think so. Otherwise there would be some ridiculously broken things. 2 plate mail DP stackers, 40% physical resist from every fireball, 7 damage fireballs, and a lot of ridiculous stuff.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Naoya wrote:Actually, you can. Though it usually takes ridicoulous amounts of scumming, its doable and quite fun if it works.... is it not supposed to work?

What avatar said. I'm a bit :shock: it even works. And you'll grow old scumming that much.
Lujo

Postby Dreamdancer on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Think also it's an bug. I mean i had never seen an item which i had prepped. Ok, in a far developed kingdom this isn't hard with all those items from the silver challenges.
But in the early kingdom, when one has only the basic items (fine sword, tower shield, ...) it should be way more possible. But i remember no run where i had 2 fine swords.
Dreamdancer

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Does it only work with the balanced dagger?

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Waldo0 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Dreamdancer wrote:Think also it's an bug. I mean i had never seen an item which i had prepped. Ok, in a far developed kingdom this isn't hard with all those items from the silver challenges.
But in the early kingdom, when one has only the basic items (fine sword, tower shield, ...) it should be way more possible. But i remember no run where i had 2 fine swords.

+1

Edit: 2 fine swords except Hobbler's Hold.
Last edited by Waldo0 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Naoya on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:07 pm

The Avatar wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Does it only work with the balanced dagger?

I was going to say "Nope, other stuff as well" - but I don't know for sure, actually. I remember that I've managed to get midas twice at one point, and upon discovering that stuff stacks I always thought it was possible, just not very likely. Since it seemed to involve a lot of scumming, I never really bothered - today I ran into the dagger by coincidence.
I tried to replicate it both with dagger and with something else, and so far I didn't get anything twice.
Naoya

Postby Waldo0 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Nandrew wrote:
Waldo0 wrote:I found a gorgon-knocback-blink monster(the blink sword) bug in VGT.

It happen when I hit him to a wall. He just blink and act weird..

This may be a little down the line, but ... can you describe the weirdness? There's some known ways that knockback / blink interact and I need to know if what you saw fits in with our understanding.

I tested the gorgon's knockback+Deatgaze and blink relation, but there was no problem.

I think it was a problem between gorgon's deathgaze+knockback and Death-Protection+Blink(the VGT sword has Blink+DP).

I'll test it later.

The weird act was that I hit the sword toward wall, but it didn't be knock-backed and it didn't blinked.(I think I might see the blinked motion.)
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons