Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:00 pm

TwinBladeWarrior wrote:That should not be possible, as far as I remember all 4 normal dungeons unlock at the same time don't they?

I currently have what I am assuming is most of the west and east dungeons unlocked, but not the Northern Desert or whatever is to the south. Until now I'd assumed those spaces were intended to fill up later. >_>
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Going to bed for the night. Uploaded my current kingdom savefile via Dropbox here in case that helps troubleshoot - and on the off chance that someone on the dev team can manually unlock the missing dungeons?

"I'll be patient and wait until a couple of patches after the game is released before buying it, so that I'm not distracted from the awesomeness by instability or unpolished beta issues!" ~ me, one month ago.
OneMoreNameless

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 pm

OneMoreNameless wrote:Going to bed for the night. Uploaded my current kingdom savefile via Dropbox here in case that helps troubleshoot - and on the off chance that someone on the dev team can manually unlock the missing dungeons?

Thanks, I was about to ask if you could do that... So far we've only had one other person report this particular error and they'd gotten a custom savefile from us so they could stream the game before release.

Did you do anything odd to your save manually?
dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 pm

OneMoreNameless wrote:Generic enemy indicators that appear on the map as a result of partially seeing over magma, frozen river etc. remain on the map even if the enemy in question has changed location and even if the player again stands on the same square that they originally sighted them from and should now logically be able to sight that they aren't.

How are these enemies moving?
dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Bugs logged up to here, btw.

So much to do still...
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:20 pm

On the moving enemies, this is most often with WONAFYT, Revenants, or Plants that you later clear with Clearance.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Moonwok on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

OneMoreNameless wrote:I've somehow managed to unlock the 'Complicated Tasks, pt 3' quest before the dungeon that it takes place in, Northern Desert. The dungeon isn't visible or selectable on the world map, but I can click the quest flag ("Set forth and defeat you need to manage") and have nonetheless embarked for one run. Adventure!

I have this same problem. I'm playing the Steam version. The quest flag for "Cheeky" was floating with no level attached, I completed the quest so now the marker is gone.

I'm not sure which quest it was since it was many hours ago (the wiki says 'Robbed!') but the eastern and western paths opened up but not the north / south. I don't remember having this problem in the beta.

The only thing I can think of was - I logged into my beta account after beating the tutorials and a few early stages. So the login and failed unlock happened near each other.

I attached my save folder for you here: Zipped Save Folder. I included the whole folder as I'm not sure which files you would want. The last thing I can remember in this file was beating Havensdale Bridge as an Orc Assassin.

Here are all my unlocked levels:
- Den of Danger / Hobblers Hole / Venture Cave
- Eastern Tundra / Western Jungle
- Havensdale Bridge
- Creeplight Ruins
- The Labrynth
- Magma Mines
- Grimms Grotto
- Halls of Steel
- Berserker Camp

Buildings
- all 4 class buildings at level 3
- Blacksmith Level 3
- Bank level 2
- Witch level 2 with 6 potions unlocked
- Goat Glade (not purchased yet)

Races unlocked - Dwarf / Elf / Halfling / Gnome / Orc

Two other issues to report:

First - 2 items vanished from my lockers a few runs ago... the health pendant and the mana pendant both disappeared. Do broken items disappear? The health pendant might have been damaged but I can't imagine both were.

Second - When I first started playing the game (I was not logged in at the time) I would get sent back to the title screen after completing tutorial levels. So the gnome advisor would be telling me something and the arrow would be pointing to a building... but I was stuck on the titlescreen and couldn't click the building. I had to close / reopen the game to continue. This happened probably like 6-8 times in a row. These events made me think I needed to log into my account, and once I logged in... this problem stopped.
Moonwok

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:07 pm

dislekcia wrote:Did you do anything odd to your save manually?

There was one point during the last saving-patch / rollback mess that I briefly tried deleting the default.sav file and loading the game without it (to no obvious effect but having to select my kingdom from the list), but I haven't touched the kingdom's savefile itself or its .bak

dislekcia wrote:How are these enemies moving?

Mass09's Ledger.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Bluh, sorry to be a nuisance about this, but will it be possible for my missing dungeons to be fixed any time soon or will I be waiting a while for a generic patch whenever the issue is resolved? I'd keep playing the east / west dungeons in the meanwhile, but after some forum searching it seems like I won't be able to able to further upgrade the bank without access to the other dungeons - so I'd quickly end up wasting buckets of gold unless I hiatus from the game.
OneMoreNameless

Postby xKostiKx on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:25 am

In the quest for getting Bank lvl 2, i used petrify before slaying the boss, and still got the Unstoppable badge.
xKostiKx

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons