[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby OneMoreNameless on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:35 am

When displayed in a store, the text of the Alchemist's Scroll is slightly longer than the white space given for its description. A few pixels of the last line are written over the dark background graphic. It's legible, but noticeable.
OneMoreNameless

Postby Grakor456 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Minor, but the "combat prediction" ends up getting incorrect when certain affects interact. For example, yesterday I had a Half-Dragon with a Reflex Potion that was knocking a boss into an enemy. The combat prediction said I'd win, but the boss ended up surviving, probably due to Cowardly (from Taurog prep) causing him to flee and thus not get the knock-back damage from the second Reflex attack.

Or more simply, the computer doesn't know how to predict the results of reflex + cowardly + knock-back. It should probably assume that the second hit won't do knock-back damage instead of assuming it will.
Grakor456

Postby OneMoreNameless on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Reaching new levels of petty here ... The achievement for completing all bronze challenges is apparently checked for when you start a dungeon run instead of when you actually finish one? I completed the last bronze challenge yesterday and it wasn't awarded (I figured the monster classes had some also), but only today after I'd embarked into a standard dungeon did the achievement suddenly appear.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:48 am

Tower of Gaan-Telet is broken. I went in purist, leveled a while, cleared out the first subdungeon, which opened the second, cleared out the second dungeon, and then nothing. The presumed third subdungeon did not appear. I rather suspect it was due to one and only one of the Ying / Yang enemies spawning in the second subdungeon and some scripting breaking there ... they had no visible level in the main view, though had scaled to 9 upon viewing their profile, and died as a normal foe. The special condition for that subdungeon was 'no monster exp'.

(Related question, do you actually need to complete the quest to reset trophy prices, or is a standard win with preps enough?)
OneMoreNameless

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

I had two won bronze challenges being reported multiple times, after I played another dungeon, I think with logging out in between. I don't know if the money reward also was rewarded multiple times. I play through the web interface only.
berpdreyfuss

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby OneMoreNameless on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 pm

I am quite sure that I killed everything in the subdungeon (it was small), and I did clear out all the central enemies on the main map as well.

(Uh, right, purist only then. I'd only attempted the dungeon once by first selecting the quest so I assumed preps were allowed normally. Guess not.)
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:18 am

When a boss spawns on the very bottom row of the dungeon, their speech bubble can be cut off by the screen edge. I'm looking at The Brother of Earth right now and the usual 'click to continue' memo is just a few grey dots where my window ends.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 am

After buying the first Gold Cap Upgrade and leaving me all but broke, the arrow indicating an available building upgrade remained cheerfully bouncing until I'd manually left and returned to the kingdom screen.
OneMoreNameless

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:50 pm

The automatic pathing for the player when you attack an enemy from across the dungeon is supposed to (where possible) place you on a tile that won't reveal any further blackspace, right? On rare occasions the game doesn't do this and will instead pick a destination tile that causes you to waste blackspace unless you manually move your adventure to better revealed spot next to the enemy, and then attack. The most recent case that I noticed this was during Warlord Silver - with the dungeon cluttered by statues and windy routes, there were several times that I had to manually pick destination tiles before attacking to avoid resource wastage.
OneMoreNameless

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons