Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Carl on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 am

Killing the first goat and double clicking to pick up the trophy doesn't get the staircase to appear :( Had to suicide myself.
Carl

Postby MaskedHuzzah on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:40 am

[Summary]
After sacrificing a goat in a dungeon, an enemy blocks a square at 0 health but not dead.

[Labels]
UI

[Priority]
Potentially a blocker - if this happens in a key hallway, progress could be prevented.

[Operating System]
XP

[Browser (version)]
IE8

[code branch]
Not sure

[Pre-conditions]
Entered the dungeon with a human rogue with startup perks that included bank, scout altars, shop scroll, and double money.

[Steps to Reproduce]
1. Enter the dungeon that contains the "troll bridge"
2. Go into the subdungeon and kill the level 1 goat.
3. Return to primary dungeon.

[Observed Behavior]
An invisible cultist occupies a square with 0 hit points and cannot be killed. See screenshot below.

[Guess as to Cause]
The sacrificial goat was supposed to reduce their HP to 0, killing them, and replacing them with shades. Due to the "cowardly" attribute they had, they moved, so they were put next to the new shades. However, since they had the "revives" ability, they didn't die properly. Since their HP is at 0, they can't be damaged, so they can't be killed.

[Expected Behavior]
That which is dead should eternal lie, and with no strange aeons should cultists not die.
MaskedHuzzah

Postby Carl on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 am

Getting taurog's items for the 1st time I think I left 1 item down in basement, and I couldn't get it back after altar appeared at the top. (unless there were stairs in another tab that I didn't see, 4got to check.)
Carl

Postby pjw on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:22 am

Played for a couple of hours tonight, and this is an excellent start (and an amazing advance on the original!). I love the stats on completion, the flavor text and descriptions (funny and clever without being lame or silly), and the puzzles are an excellent addition!

Some of the things below have been mentioned, and I posted some other specific text bugs stuff in that thread:

-picture of a ladder with "stairs" as the label...um, no.

-inventory icon on the stairs tab? Should that tab have it's own icon?

-dungeon borders with no actual walls seems weird and iffy, you also can't tell that there's not another square for healing until you move to the edge and nothing pops in...

-seems sort of silly to have the same hint sign twice in one dungeon?

-the positioning puzzle took me WAY too long to figure out, and I'm not sure why...it took me over 10 tries, and I got all the other puzzles in the first set in 1 or 2 tries. The difficulty on that one seems out of place with the rest.

-it was confusing to have the same marker flags, on the same dungeons, for two different quest-sets (city expansions A and B). At first I couldn't figure out why the flag didn't go away when I defeated the first boss. Then I toggled B and noticed it had gone away. Maybe only make B available once A is finished?

-should toggle settings on quests be remembered between dungeon challenges? They aren't...

-just finished city expansion A, and city expansion B seems to have disappeared? It's not listed in the tavern anymore. Is this because it was toggled off when I completed A?

I agree with the previous poster re: the city map being kind of clunky and bleh--good to know that it's temp/placeholder. Keep up the good work!
Making games is like making hotdogs - its messy, scary, and not at all like enjoying the end product. -Sigma-X
pjw

Postby Esoteric on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:22 am

After sacrificing the goat in Creeplight Ruin, Cultists are, instead of dead, merely invisible (you can still see their mouseover.) Shades spawn next to the invisible Cultists.

-Using Vista, Chrome.
Esoteric

Postby Kamendae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 am

I've made it through the first few tutorials, but somehow or another my Kingdom clicky has vanished. When I log in to play, I currently have access to:

* Venture Cave
* Den of Danger
* Hobbler's Hold

The space in the center where my Kingdom should be, is empty.
Kamendae

Postby Esoteric on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 am

"Quicksilver" option in Tikki Tooki removed 2 mana potions (all I was holding) instead of one.

-Vista, Chrome.

As a point of UI it would be good for item-giving boons to make you aware if they will destroy an item that is currently on that square (by using quicksilver and reflexes in succession, for example.)
Esoteric

Postby aguydude on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 am

If you have more than 8 lockerable items, things start getting cut off. This is pretty easy to do using Wisp Gems and similar enemy drops.
aguydude

Postby subanark on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 am

In the dungeon where you kill the goat, doing so seem to cause some enemies to becomes invisible (no sprite) and can't be killed. Also in that dungeon I got some kind of dialog that filled up more than the screen with exception info.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
subanark

Phantom Tooltips (Blank, not filled in)

Postby topagae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:50 am

[Summary]
Hovering over some spots seems to generate blank tools tips.

[Labels]
tool tip, UI

[Priority]
P4

[Operating System]
Windows 7

[Browser (version)]
Firefox

[Pre-conditions]
On home kingdom screen, has locker unlocked (First level of warrior's guild.)

[Steps to Reproduce]
1. Nav to empty spot in locker.
2. Hover mouse over empty spot in locker.

[Observed Behavior]
A tooltip pops open but it's empty.

[Expected Behavior]
A tooltip explaining what you can do with the slots maybe?

Links:
http://screencast.com/t/o2nNXDAQP5d
topagae

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons