[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Good Versus Evil

Good Versus Evil

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Good Versus Evil

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:15 am

We'll probably nerf B2P a little bit, but happily enough the core idea seems solid.

Reckon the extra +1 mana on cast is a bit superfluous, it should still be a pretty solid glyph with the "normal" mana return, no?

And with regards to the LEMMISI domain overlap, I'm trying to figure out whether it should be changed to a "semi-smart" reveal (like LEMMISI, but fewer priority tweaks) or a simple "reveal closest tiles possible" rule (the current office favourite, and since the glyph has turned out to be powerful enough it shouldn't be an unacceptable move).
Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 am

fall_ark

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 am

Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 am

I like the idea of Proximity. It is an interesting two-sided change (although it's mostly a nerf). One more -1 health per level may be necessary, but I'll need to test it more.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Raven on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Really liking the new Bludtopowa! I actually killed the vicious indomitable only using fireballs :D
Raven

Postby Abraxas on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Proximity reveals sound like the best way to handle it in my opinion. As for the extra health cost/lower mana gain, I probably agree that such a nerf might be necessary, but I think we need some more testing time to see if it's really that powerful or if people are just too excited about the new glyph.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

I think that the +1 mana is still important, since it lets you still use the glyph when you're out of spaces. It'll be terribly inefficent, but it adds that extra option.
gjaustin

Postby Fran on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Would it be possible to get the +1 mana only after all the tiles are revealed?
That would nerf it and its still not useless after the map has been explored. But I guess thats hard to implement as well as confusing to players, huh?
Fran

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Not too hard to implement, actually, just the player confusion factor.
Nandrew

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:03 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons