[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Rogue silver too easy?

Rogue silver too easy?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Rogue silver too easy?

Postby subanark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:57 pm

I just tried out rogue silver, and it seems like it is a mistake to save up for the 100G chest piece to grant immunity to death gaze. Since drac will always spawn in the dungeon (at least it did for the 3 times I looked at it), you can simply grab life drain and hit a popcorn monster to get above the 100%. I would think trying to get that 100G (instead of spending it all in shops) is a much harder way of doing the dungeon.
subanark

Re: Rogue silver too easy?

Postby Fran on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:04 am

Well, I failed the dungeon every time I tried it until now. It's not nice to be disheartened by such thread titles.

As for the topic you're actually adressing:
The bronze and silver challenges are meant to be an introduction / training spot for using classes effectively. Which kind of means that the average player won't get such an idea. If you're proficient with the game, it's nice to be able to take a shortcut like this, but this isn't the issue for the player skill the challenges are propably aimed at. Going for the 100 gold means you have to get more proficient with the class so I think its ok to be harder this way.
Fran

Postby subanark on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:26 am

The problem I have is that its a special mechanic (that isn't even fully explained until you actually get the item) that is best to avoid. The dungeon seems like it is set up to get 100G with the extra mini bosses and the golems that all give money on defeat. Plus the boss has fireball retaliate to avoid just fireballing him down.

Also I guess in theory, with proper placement with the swap glyph, you could use pissoff to just knock him around until he dies.
subanark

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 am

Can't quite remember, but I think PISORF is forbidden from spawning in Rogue Silver.

It's one of the maps I didn't get around to tweaking this week. I agree that the "air of mystery" around the Midas Plate is probably more an "aura of confusion", though. Fran's point about shortcuts and whatnot is pretty much spot-on: Drac is there as an opportunity for savvier players to get through the scenario somewhat more easily, though I may tone down the difficulty of the more obvious "Midas path"
Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:36 am

fall_ark

Return to Desktop Dungeons