[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Freeware edition : how long for a game

Freeware edition : how long for a game

All things Desktop Dungeons

Freeware edition : how long for a game

Postby flap on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello !
So, now that we have a dedicaded forum, I can ask a question that I have always had in mind : how long does it takes for you to play dungeon ?
The "advertising" says that games last from 10 to 15 mn. In my case it is closer to 20-30mn. So I am curious to know how quick others are going ?
flap

Re: Freeware edition : how long for a game

Postby Kouriozan on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

6-15min.
6 minutes if I'm extremely lucky like finding the heal glyph at the beginning(with the right class), or getting the god I want.
Kouriozan

Postby Zalminen on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:10 am

15-20 min if there are no interruptions, usually 20-40 minutes.

I like to think before clicking and often alt-tab into something else in between. Plus I have kids...
Zalminen

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 am

The "10 minute" description actually originated with one of the very earliest versions of DD (back when it was still really only known on its local forum). The game was much simpler back then, and it took me about ten minutes per test run (eased along by the fact that I knew all the math and whatnot). It kinda stuck from there.

Nowadays, I find individual runs do take longer, but I usually consider myself a slower gamer than most -- I also suffer from alt-tab-itis a lot. ;)

What we're really hoping, though, is that the interface changes + the level of feedback the full game gives now will make some of the tedious tasks more streamlined, and some of the dungeons have actually been made smaller to provide people with shorter game options.
Nandrew

Postby Kouriozan on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 am

Nice to hear, and I was talking about the normal dungeons, usually others dungeons takes 5 more minutes to complete(or die ^^')
Kouriozan

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:28 am

Heh, I was actually interested to see precisely how long a full-version run would take me now, so I fired up one of the more challenging dungeons and clocked in at 18:21 with alt-tabbing. Killed one boss, eventually caved in to the second because my Rogue couldn't pierce its physical resistance. :(
Nandrew

Postby Museli on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:24 pm

If I'm lucky, I can clear in around seven minutes, but ten to fifteen sounds about right for me. I tend not to get interrupted once I start - I become oblivious to the outside world after about a minute :)
Museli

Postby Azeke on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:03 am

My time is usually around 20-30 per game.

Hey, how about adding a stats to the game?

So, you can see your own top scores with time, levels, money and piety and info like that. And average time per session.
Azeke

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:38 am

dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons