[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Forbidden Topic: Monk Resistances

The Forbidden Topic: Monk Resistances

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Forbidden Topic: Monk Resistances

Postby Blovski on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:43 am

Monks are still a real monster of a class, especially with Martyr Wraps. The need to work hard with magic damage monsters is really the only thing keeping them in check. Gorgons I would understand.
Blovski

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:30 am

fall_ark

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 am

Honestly, I do think they got overnerfed but that's not a widespread belief I assume.

My personal problem: Alpha Monk was boring, but he was extremely strong/overpowered, both due to his abilities which allowed him to get 100% resistances and because Nagas were limited to just one special dungeon. He appealed to pure Spike players, if you understand Magic The Gathering lingo.

Now the monk is still boring, but he's average in power level. None of my Vicious dungeon clears have been with a Monk. He's still boring because he doesn't appeal to my Johnny side (which something like... let's say the Tinker does) and he doesn't appeal to my Spike side because he's not as strong any more, and he doesn't appeal to Timmy because his strengths are kind of subtle.

So yeah, I'm sure there's some Monk fans, but I hardly care about the dude any more.
TigerKnee

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:28 am

fall_ark

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:46 am

TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 am

I agree on the monk overnerf. Perhaps just 10% magic res, as it seems easier to obtain than physical res.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:22 am

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 am

Also, I can't imagine a monk whetting something do heavy and clunky as armor. It just diesn't seem to fit.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 am

fall_ark

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:38 am

Heh, well, there were always the old inventory item type restrictions that we had in place ... particularly well-intentioned for characters like Monks. :P
Nandrew

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons