[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Question for Nandrew

Question for Nandrew

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Question for Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 pm

The benny hill chase theme was what I had in mind :D

But then again, since various floors work like puzzles with different solutions and mandate item cycling and inventory management (and allow me to showcase stuff), as well as the "oh s**t!" quotient from each floor having fatter and fatter monsters, with gods changing every so often and all that... doing the same thing over and over and over after so many permutations and "twists", and having that one thing be enough... Horatio looks really fat when you look at him after all those floors, and I use up a whole bunch of different resources on the other guys... I watched the thing and thought about it a lot and it just felt downletting.

Being able to justify doing a different thing whenever I go floor hopping would be a lot more "throw everything at him!" kind of thing, and would really make Gaan'Telet look and feel like the ultimate trickshot. And now it probably will.

Also, the spike guide fits in here as well, I had the idea to film various spikes in execution and have links to them in the guide. Doing Taurog and TT for example would really show that you have to put some effort into it, watching a pre-nerf Drac vid would be like. "Ok, so the dude just joined up with this guy, and... killed the other guy. Just like that.". When you can see one spike and then immidiately the other the difference is staggering and immidiately noticeable.

Now that you have to at least have popcorn on the side it'll be lot more even. :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:14 am

If the Dracul spike damage 'exploit' worries you THAT much Lujo, why did you include it in your run?

It makes me wonder if you made this video for education purposes, or purely to guilt the devs into answering your obsession with a particular element of the game.

Post the video, people will enjoy it regardless.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 am

Ok, there is actually an answer to this question, as I've wondered if simply avoiding Drac would solve the issue.

This is, you can't. %Res stacking is one of the few ways to beat Gaan'Telet (used to be the only way), and the run takes so many resources that giving up on a bloodswell or two is quite indoable. I don't think I could even get to the end without burning resources and counting on Drac (the number of times I got to the boss with Drac as the only thing left is indicative of this).

And if I ignore Drac once I get to the boss, then I'm creating "fake difficulty", it's like "ok, now I do this with my hand behind my back". The way it is now, I can %res stack all I need, and now getting mileage out of drac interfears with curse removal popcorn mongering, which lets me include Drac and have to play my best to make it. Gaan'Telet isn't ment to be beatable, if anyone has been doing it consistently it means something is wrong, and my diagnosis was that it was the %res bloodswell thing.

And I don't, under any circumstances think I can guilt the devs into anything. This thread wasnt about changing Drac! It was about if I could get info on whether how he used to work was intended or not. And the reasons for me asking were quite individual and particular, and I didn't think I was entitled to an answer. I was very glad I got one. I stopped arguing with gjaustin in the other thread as well, I'm keeping out of the monk discussions on purpose. I can imagine the annoyance about this since the dev's probably allready adressed it (and used avatars and gjausting suggestions I think), but I didn't know about it. I didn't know if they even ment to do it. So info was all I was looking for.

Notice how I didn't make a "NERF DRAC HE'S OP !!!111!121!" thread, but one called "Question for Nandrew" with a question for Nandrew. And how I didn't write why I wan'ted to know anything not to influence whether I get the info or not?
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am

Ok, ok, righto.

I wasn't questioning the initial post, although your tone was quite presumptuous and the wall of opinionated text afterwards was unnecessary. They have heard you. Asking the devs to waste their time so you haven't wasted yours can come off badly.

And I won't get dragged into the 'obsoleting exploits' argument again, even though it is super fun. Maybe in another thread....
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 am

I whish I could get this thread whiped all thogather. Should'a sent a PM, but PMing a dev felt more like wasting their time and being invasive than making a small thread... Can I waste anyone's time and ask for a lock/deletion?
Last edited by Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 am

WIll you post the video regardless?

I'mvery interested in seeing how you did it, because I sure as hell havent. Probably never will, the whole tower is redonculous.

You don't have to edit it, show the fight in all it's glory.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

I can't! When Nandrew said it's been fixed i deleted the files because they took up all my disk space and I'd be rendering and uploading them for ages. When Dislekcia made that comment I wanted to strangle myself... Anyway, this thread being bumped is just wrong, I'm sorry I ever made it, could anyone please lock it?

I'll make a new video later today or tommororw, I've been taping a lot of runs for Guide vids, and looking for a really watchable one.
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons