[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The site is down?

The site is down?

All things Desktop Dungeons

The site is down?

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:56 am

Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

I've been getting that all day yesterday, even for the forums! And the day before that, except I managed to sneak into the forums by a roundabout way, and today, clicking on the "news" subpage let me acess the forums. I'm sure the dev's are aware of this (would be odd if they weren't).

Trying to play the game from the news page gives the "Failed to download data" message in Unity, as well.

Is anyone else having this problem?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: The site is down?

Postby Aequitas on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 am

Hi Everyone

It seems like our webhost had a miniature meltdown, and our server went offline for most of the day.
It's apparently sitting on new hardware right now, but it's still settling in so the site might be a bit slow.

We're really sorry for the outage time, this is not something we planned for as our host has not had a major outage like this with us before.

We're seriously considering switching hosts, but that will obviously be a lot of work that isn't visible in the game.

Again, sorry for the downtime, we're as frustrated by it as you are.

-Aequitas
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:57 am

Tnx for the reply, I was worried, rather than frustrated. Keeping fingers crossed everything gets sorted out :)
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:59 am

Well, we can say for sure that *we* were jolly frustrated. :P

It also gave me an important reminder to check in project changes more frequently. Coded up a secret item to give players infinite gold when they found it, but the files got lost in the server downage. :(
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:27 am

Wow, the Server Crash just joined the Unity Bug on the list of stuff that has to find it's way into the better payed versions of the game :(
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am

noooooo! i finished rogue gold while the server went down and it didn´t save!!! hmpf^^
Nurator

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am

It's only a matter of time before everyone figures it out, so I might as well come clean now. The crash was my fault. I hacked the server last night trying to sneak in code for a Pack Master subdungeon and I think I screwed something up. I'm very sorry about the downtime, but I hope this illustrates just how much demand there is for this important feature.
Sidestepper

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm

The server's going up and down like ... Well, something that goes up and down a lot. At random. With no warning. And shitty backup quality.

I think this metaphor is destined to fail.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Well, it never went up for me and for the better part of the day even the news page was down. The only way to access the game and the forums still seems to be when the "news" page is up, by clicking on it when you browse for DD and then navigating from there.

Just puttin it here so anyone who manages to reach the forums can know.
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons