[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - IMAWAL

IMAWAL

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: IMAWAL

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:08 pm

All true, no fear about spam here, also, i'd like if IMAWAL got attention first so will refrain from derailing all this further. The vid'll hopefully be up tommorow sometimes, so check the LEMISI use there (it's patently stupid and powerfull, a bit circumstantial, but I've done it elsewhere.)

EDIT: Although the whole "Exactly how First Strike translates into damage dealt / tanked" and "Case study of the Rogue" really does warrant a facultative discussion & number crunching thread. What is obvious in that whole bussiness is just the tip of the iceberg it seems.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Will reserve judgement on LEMMISI until I see your video.

As per IMAWAL, I'm on the edge as to your suggestion. On the one hand, a way to clear out curse, corrosion, and weakening seems appealing, but on the other hand this probably only makes it even more predisposed to being used in specific circumstances rather than in a general case.
Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 am

IMAWAL needs to be fixed- the only time i ever use it is with earthmother, otherwise its an instant convert.

I think we all agree that popcorn loss is not worth a few measly exp. That popcorn is worth exp AND a potential level up and full heal. Not to mention the danger of creating walls in a maze dungeon. Here are some ideas for tempting the playwer to waste their popcorn...

Solution 1: IMAWALing a monster give the player a wall destruction thing (from the barbarian challenge). Blocking one way reveals another...

Solution 2: IMAWALing a monster gives the player 5% permanent knockback damage. (could also be 100 temporary)

Solution 3: IMAWALL grants 50% magic resistance (not stacking). The counterpoint to ENDISWALL and a good way to use unneeded monster resources to tackle something nasty (think monk)

Solution 4: IMAWALLing a monster removes five layers of curse.

Solution 5: IMAWALLing a monster reduces the maximum health of all visible monsters by 5%. (Zot for cheapskates)

Solution 6: IMAWALL grants immunity from the next incurred status effect.

Solution 7: IMAWALL grants bonus to base damage equal to (your level) + (monster level) or something scalable (cant be bothered with maths)

All off the top of my head. Ideas anyone???
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm

I must say I like 2, 3, 4 (if it was toned down to 3 layers), and 6. Although I must admit 2 is my favorite. You're making a wall to destroy a wall, and it uses knockback, which is the most underused effect ever.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I wouldn't mind the knockback bussiness on top of anything, but what I'd really like is a way to increase the knockback damage on PISSORF.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Fran on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm

I like 5 because its so wonderful broken. It's like a global, everlasting poison that works on undead as well with reduced mana cost.
Fran

Postby fall_ark on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:53 pm

I like the stoned idea! I REALLY want to be able to junk some monsters traits.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:44 pm

So slowing a monster (which means exactly one free attack and a little bit of bonus exp) is OP, while stripping a monster of all of its traits for one attack is perfectly fine?

Protection from mana burn, poison, berserk, corrode, weakening, retaliate fireball and piercing the resistance of monsters is less OP then a single extra attack?
Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons