[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Chaos Theory

Chaos Theory

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Chaos Theory

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am

fall_ark

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am

Nandrew

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am

Also, it's great that more people are starting to recognise the bonuses that come in with additional class victories and whatnot.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

I have always LOVED those bonuses. They're practically the only way to gain cash off Vicious.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Oh, I like the direction the development has taken, I've been supplying all sorts of random notes and observations on that all the time. The fact that directional dungeons now have all those incentives is a very welcome turn of events as far as I'm concerned, not just for the gold (looks like quite a bit too much gold from a vet perspective), but for reasons to go there - playtime value goodness. The whole quest chain is like a "PQI light" for "undergraduates", which is great.

The venture cave - den of danger completionism discrepancy is still a thorn in my eye, though (if there still is one).

The whole "Wanna know stuff about items" is also part of the "what's available when in the playthrough / kingdom development cycle", because of the availablity of combo pieces, preps, classes and fuel. A systematic overview (wether built by us guys or shared by you guys) would help iron out the kinks in "out of dungeon" parts rather than "in dungeon", as macro quite obviously determines micro. That's where I was headed, but there'll be time enought for that I suppose.

And as for the Taurog Monks bussines - the thing is that it probably only needs a slight tweak, as it's too much upside ATM for too little effort. The effort part is the problem, not the upside (it's a fine non-obvious strat IMO). You can prep the whole shebang and solve most of your class balancing, inventory space (and item acquisition) and glyph use (what glyph use?) with no effort at all. Wether it's the +% bonus on Undying Rage, the Taurog Glyph conversion Piety gain, I can't tell, but it makes what is supposed to be a challenge (Warmonger badge) into a very cheezy-feeling strat (way to overcome challenges). I've said all there is on it, no need to dwell on it further as it will come up at some point for sure, just to clarify that this might be an easily adressed small unintended niche screwup.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Woah. That'd be weird. Like a "magic aura" from glyphs that gives your monk 5% attack bonus and +2 base?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:25 pm

That's the idea. Exact implementation up to developer discretion, of course.
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons