[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Rarest Trophy on the Market: Warlock Beard

The Rarest Trophy on the Market: Warlock Beard

All things Desktop Dungeons

Which solution do you prefer?

No votes
No votes
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: The Rarest Trophy on the Market: Warlock Beard

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Still if it's possible to have a warlock boss around as a guaranteed spawn, why have him be scumming dependant at all?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Agreed. He even makes sense in Northern Desert.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 pm

The Nose Ring is, granted, a little unintuitive. But I really like the fact that there's at least one trophy in the pool where players will have to do a double-take, study their collection and understand that the trophy itself is a skill test of a slightly more advanced dungeon.

In short, especially with the ease-up on Ick Swamp: the Nose-Ring may not be the toughest dungeon challenge overall, but it's most likely going to be a player's final "proving point" before they open up Gaan-Telet. It's the final test of the Intermediate player: do you understand your metagame goal, and are you willing to think slightly outside the box to achieve that goal with applied skill? It's not as if you have to scum for the Minotaur: just figure out a different way to play through the dungeon and defeat it. Not easy, but right now it's most likely going to be the quiet penultimate challenge for "main story" players, so yknow. ;)

That's why the Gaan-Telet dungeon appears a little earlier than you can actually enter it, btw: as a reminder to players that they have to knuckle down and examine their trophy completion list before they can continue.
Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Glad to know it's intended, no problem with it when you put it that way. Whish I could rember what the other complained about throphy was (could be the Ick Swamp that you mention).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons