A Handful of Boons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A Handful of Boons

Postby Darvin on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 pm

That's sort of what I'd like to see pre-petition Jehora become, smacking you with "interesting" double-edged effects that both help and harm.
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:58 am

I like that idea, Fran. I wonder if it would be better or worse to show "next effect" (sometimes?).
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:54 am

you could just have a list of buffs and nerfs, and the boon chooses one of each.

Although Fran's thematic connections are cool.

I like Patches, I would love this
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:07 am

I don't know about some of these, but as an overall idea it sounds cool. Still, I'm torn on the mater of a random boon. A few lucky pulls or a few useless pulls could easily be the difference between victory and defeat.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:35 am

The price could be 2 different boons for 20 piety, one of which is known and one is not.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:43 am

That would be quite interesting, but if its cost was 20 and its bonus piety was 20, then you'd be purchasing a bad effect for free.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 am

The Avatar wrote:I don't know about some of these, but as an overall idea it sounds cool. Still, I'm torn on the mater of a random boon. A few lucky pulls or a few useless pulls could easily be the difference between victory and defeat.

I think that's what JJ is all about; if anything, the other boons aren't random enough.

For a god who's supposed to have gone mad, he is surprisingly predicable once you've gotten over 45 piety. Not thematic at all.

There is potential for super OP lucky runs here as well as crippling your character, but if you are trying to min-max perfectly, you shouldn't be fiddling with the god of chaos.

I like to think JJ is the 'god of hybrid characters' and something like this could make him more-so
Bloggorus

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons