Vicious Dungeon Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Dungeon Strategies

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.

The absolute biggest thing if Namtar is giving you trouble with his high damage is Binlor. At level one go around abusing stone skin just for the MR. You can get 50 or so quite swiftly as there are a TON of walls in Namtar's Lair. It'll also open up more regen.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Would tend to agree about beelining for Halls of Steel (Vicious Mode).

Hard Halls of Steel is, well, Hard (so not unreachably difficult for an intermediate) and once you unlock Vicious Halls of Steel, I'm pretty sure that it's the simplest Vicious dungeon to take down (not necessarily saying *easiest*, but definitely *simplest*. Which may mean easiest, dunno).

Vampire enjoys the double benefit of being the most powerful monster class and the easiest to unlock (the others are hidden behind some formidable skill walls and can themselves be considered "challenge" classes more than anything). They are competitive even at Vicious tier -- I do not consider them to be the *best* class, but they will definitely make for your least complicated Vicious attempts while still being pretty strong.
Nandrew

Postby Leotamer on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 pm

I am still trying to unlock Vampire, so far 0 out of 3. I am pretty sure Warlord, Paladin, and Sorceror are some good ones, just couldn't quite get it figured out completely let. I took me a few days just to unlock the Vicious Hall of Steel. My problem is it seems that I have to pick my targets carefully, and need to regen fight them, but their just isn't enough on the map to do so.
Leotamer

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Both bosses still do magic damage, right? Try Berserker.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Leotamer on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Tried it that, and it is probably want am mostly likely going to do. Even with Taurog, Steel Golems just made it very hard. ( And I tried Taurog Crusader aswell hoping I could get some blind luck, not a good idea). Maybe the Halls of Steel is just like the Warlords siliver, noobs like me get crushed by it, where people who play alot of it can win easy. Or I just really suck/ don't have the right unlocks.

Edit- The only class item I have is platemail, and havn't even unlocked soul orb or viperward.
Edit Edit- Got tri-sword.
Leotamer

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:34 am

Good job. I recommend you go back and beat all of the silvers. They add lots of great items to the pool.

And trust me, you don't suck. Just because VHoS is the "easiest" Vicious doesn't mean you or anyone else who's a normal non-hardcore player should be able to win. It's still a huge step up from hard. As for the curse golems, avoid them at all costs. Fight The Indomitable first. Use your prepped burn salve about halfway through the fight and buy a salve for after you kill him. Save black tiles to regen fight him. Use a mid-fight level ups always. Prep Platemail and a Slayer Wand to take care of pesky golems.

The Avatar

Postby Leotamer on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 am

I been trying to unlock the items, it just seems like each one requires you to find and exploit something. (for example, once I realize that Revenets was just free peity and XP, I sweeped it). I also think I might be able to use Taurog Rogue with Trisword. But all early admits has left my bank a bit dry, so I am trying to do some gold farming and trying to do some silvers.
Leotamer

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:32 am

What do you mean exploiting something? Do you mean they require you to leverage one of the classes abilities? Like how you need to be level 10 to assassinate Anoobiss form 1 in assassin silver?

The Avatar

Postby Leotamer on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 am

Yes, I don't mean like exploit the code, but more so how in megaman you can exploit the weakness of each master. Or that is how my over complex mind sees it. Right now I am mostly working on berskerer, preist, and sorceror in no pericular order.
Leotamer

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:45 am

Try assassin. It's fairly easy. Just make sure you're a goblin so you reach level 10. Priest is one of the harder ones. Always save LEMISI and use burning and (hopefully) a bloody sigil for effective regen fighting. Sorcerer is either about PISORFing or using Binlor to make a magic res fighter. HALPMEH is incredible. There's not much to be said about Berserker. Use bombs to avoid corrosion and other ruinous plants. Use courage juice to get higher level kills on magic monsters 1-3 levels above you. Whenever the boss gets your hp almost depleted swig some courage juice. Lastly, use courage juice for the last hit (obviously).

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons