[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Dungeon Strategies

Vicious Dungeon Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Dungeon Strategies

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Earthmother Shifting Passages may not be as bad as it sounds. Choking the maze with plants will flummox the wall building. Depending on how exactly that works, it could actually be a very powerful, deliciously backwards way of solving the maze. Going to experiment with that tonight.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Very true. Labyrinth is as simple as prepping Binlor and then converting into EM.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Blovski

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Well, the idea would be to use Clearance to remove as many plants as possible and then maybe convert out. The question is if a wall segment that gets stymied by a plant is permanently removed, or if it will spawn later if given a chance.
Sidestepper

Postby Leotamer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:25 am

Any tips on DI(Dragon Island)? I tried Sorc, got to lvl 8 with ease. Tried attacking Firstborn. With crystal ball, four magic potions, a late Annur worship(Got magic, flames, and the mana regen), still couldn't take him down. Going to try Bersker next, Because when I doubt, hit people with pointing things.
Leotamer

Postby Blovski on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 am

Haven't tried berserker since the change - may be hard to get past the whole curse lot. Rogue (maybe with Taurog for death-protection chaining fun) should be great on the current line-up. The now-patented GG Healthmonster (Dwarf Paladin of GG with Fire Heart and compression seal prepped) can floor DI. Triswording priest should work. I have a sorceror win on it, not sure how/when I did that.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 am

Berserker of GG is what you want. The 50% physical res is countered by cleansing. Here's a general tip: Whupaz The Firstborn. He's flat out more difficult that the real boss.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Leotamer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:32 am

I can see that working, but first, I need to unlock Whupuz. I got suck on the Rock Garden one.
Leotamer

Postby Darvin on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 am

Try platemail and a really big sword on a physical damage class like Paladin or Warlord. Alternately, a bear mace to bust through the walls and a crystal ball for a fireball spike against the physical resist boss is a good approach. The trick to Rock Garden is the right preps. Bring the correct equipment and it's easy; take a bad assortment of gear and it's very dangerous.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons