Unity Web Player

All things Desktop Dungeons

Unity Web Player

Postby wadsface on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:27 am

I just can not get the web player to install...

Has anyone else run into a problem with it? It just keeps telling it needs to be updated and makes me download a zip file that I can do nothing with...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times now to no avail.

I have been really looking forward to playing! Its so frustrating!
wadsface

Re: Unity Web Player

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:06 am

wadsface wrote:I just can not get the web player to install...

Has anyone else run into a problem with it? It just keeps telling it needs to be updated and makes me download a zip file that I can do nothing with...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times now to no avail.

I have been really looking forward to playing! Its so frustrating!

Damn...

Have you tried another browser? Chances are the initial download became corrupt somehow and you'll have to wait till you're getting a proper version from the Unity site. A different browser might solve that issue until the full version is out, which will be downloadable as well.

On the other hand, if you'd like a refund PM me your email address - we don't want people to have paid for something and be unable to play it. That'd suck.
dislekcia

Postby wadsface on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks for the reply and the kind offer, fortunately I fixed it! I had thought of the different browser thing and tried it on FF, Chrome and IE to no avail. It turned out to be the download manager I was using, Internet Download Manager. It caught the zip file the web player was trying to DL to update itself and gave it to me like I was supposed to do something with it.

Morale of the story, if you have a download manager and are having problems even getting the web player to start, disable it!

BTW, love the game so far. Great Jorb.
wadsface

Postby centopus on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:08 am

Is the Unity Web Player the final target platform? Or you do plan releasing a non-browser version?
centopus

Postby LonZealot on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm

centopus wrote:Is the Unity Web Player the final target platform? Or you do plan releasing a non-browser version?

dislekcia wrote:A different browser might solve that issue until the full version is out, which will be downloadable as well.

;)
LonZealot

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 pm

wadsface wrote:Morale of the story, if you have a download manager and are having problems even getting the web player to start, disable it!

That's going in the solutions file! ;)
dislekcia

Postby centopus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:26 am

LonZealot wrote:
centopus wrote:Is the Unity Web Player the final target platform? Or you do plan releasing a non-browser version?

dislekcia wrote:A different browser might solve that issue until the full version is out, which will be downloadable as well.

;)

Thnx ;D Missed it.
centopus

Return to Desktop Dungeons