[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - God o' Blood

God o' Blood

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: God o' Blood

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:01 am

I look forward to polished puzzles.

I might be a good idea to include little 'clues' as signposts somewhere in the dungeon. I know there's hints in the little bulb before you enter but these are easy to miss or forget.
Bloggorus

Postby Roonespism on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:52 am

I found a bug with restarting - If you compress an item then restart, you will have both the compression scroll AND the already-compressed item in your inventory, allowing you to compress something else.

Edit - It seems nothing regarding your starting items resets. Lockered alchemical scrolls remember if they'd been used when you restart.
Roonespism

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:12 am

It appears that if you restart, your locker item still qualifies as "lost" and you need to pay the reclamation fee. This should just be built into whatever withdrawals are made at the kingdom level during the restart, seeing as you'd need to reclaim the item anyways for the second run.
Darvin

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:56 am

Just checked out your tutorials; Tutorial 1 is broken because it presumes you're getting the bonus XP from fighter even though you're just a guard and you aren't allowed to surrender either.
Darvin

Postby Zalminen on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:48 am

Zalminen

Postby squirrelnest on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:17 am

Wow, the new stone sprites are great. Ever since finding out I could IMAWAL plants I've been on an Earthmother kick anyways, but now it's even more fun. The little chunks missing from the golems are great, I laughed out lough when I noticed it.
squirrelnest

Postby fall_ark on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:05 am

So I heard about the Compression Scroll + Restart cheat and did a Slime Pit Tinker run.

Well, not too shabby for a casual run. I only decided to buy the Crystal Ball + Fire Heart and pick up the HALPMEH when I was fighting the Tower of Goo though. That combo is...probably too good to have from the beginning.
fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:39 am

My vacation's ending soon - can't wait to see what Gaan'Telet looks like after the following:

Slayer Wand no longer means that I start every run at lvl2 AND then go DING! crazy with potions. HUGE and necessary.

The IMAWAL change might have put a whole new dimension into EM and BINLOR. Possibly. I'd love it if it were true, I have ideas for using those two ^^

Great stuff :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:11 pm

The new "barely win" message doesn't show if you have lifesteal, even if your death protection will be knocked off. That one had me confused when I had 11 hit points and it appeared that a level 7 Goat was only going to take off 5 of them without "killing" me.
FDru

Postby squirrelnest on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:47 am

The new crusader sub dungeon is pretty snazzy looking too. These little visual touches are adding a lot of polish.
squirrelnest

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons