The Packmaster

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Packmaster

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:16 am

Great changes, love the incolusion of hint signs in-game.

it's good to see the final polish bring in so much user-friendliness, the game is starting to feel much more 'complete' with all the little things.

Attention to small details can make or break a product these days, and QCF are on the right track
Bloggorus

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:24 am

The thief change is a buff for newbies but nerf for experienced players like the fireballs + stab wraith situation stated.

Still, it's not that huge of a bonus anyway and probably the least useful of the Thief ability set so... I don't know. Either full health OR first attack against target enemy? Some kind of bonus effect instead (2 points of corrosion or weakening split randomly when stabbing, uh, just throwing out something random)?
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 am

TigerKnee wrote:The thief change is a buff for newbies but nerf for experienced players like the fireballs + stab wraith situation stated.

More nuanced for veterans. While we may have lost the fireball-fireball-stab combo, we've gained when using any type of corrosion or erosion effects as part of a regen-game.

Overall it's not the unambiguous buff that the thief could use right now, but I think it's a step in the right direction.
Darvin

Postby FDru on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Tooltips on lockerable items seem to be broken for me after this update.
FDru

Postby fall_ark on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Just got my first unresponsive Unity in a long long while. Curse dungeon, lvl 3 Sorcerer attacking a 2 DP lvl 5 AA with Dodge while worshipping JJ. Hmm, strange.

Speaking of which, backpack items are cleared after login, unlike locker items. Can we change that?
fall_ark

Postby Zalminen on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Abraxas wrote:The highlight of today's update for me, though, are the signs added to the god puzzles. I'm absolutely in love with them.
The one puzzle (from the ones that have signs now) that I still think might be a bit too difficult for beginners to figure out as it is is Mystera's 3rd puzzle, but everywhere else they seem very helpful.
They also have some pretty nice flavor, which is always awesome.

Edit: Forgot about GG's 3rd puzzle, where even with the sign there it still feels like stacking beads for resistance is a solution that comes more naturally than going for Enlightenment, but maybe that's just me.

Yeah, still can't solve Mystera 3 even with the sign.

Although thanks to the sign and a bit of luck I finally managed to solve GG 2 ... and now I'm stuck in GG 3 :roll:
I can get Enlightenment and even managed to gather enough health to survive one hit from the boss but not more than that.

But I'm certainly waiting to see signs for the other puzzles.
Zalminen

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm

You shouldn't need to survive more than one. Use cleansing to ignore his phys res.

For Mystera go 2 magics, refreshment. WONAFYT, convert WONAFYT, BYCEPS, ENDISWALL, attack mutton man, convert ENDISWALL, WEYTWUT, Flames, convert BYCEPS, BURNDAYRAZ mutton man, attack beagle, convert WETWUT, BURNDAYRAZ mutton man.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:50 am

The backpack is bringing up multiples of the same item. It's showing me 5 spoons right now.
FDru

Postby fall_ark on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:13 am

FDru wrote:The backpack is bringing up multiples of the same item. It's showing me 5 spoons right now.

That's just the devs' way of taunting you :P
fall_ark

Postby Zalminen on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:09 pm

The Avatar wrote:You shouldn't need to survive more than one. Use cleansing to ignore his phys res.

...which means I'd have to figure out some way to get 10 more piety after getting Enlightenment and there aren't even close to enough enemies left for another level up at that point.

Oh well, I'll figure out the trick eventually.
Zalminen

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons