[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Namtar: still a pushover

Namtar: still a pushover

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Namtar: still a pushover

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Darvin

Postby Blovski on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:46 pm

@ the general discussion

I agree JJ needs some love, even if at this stage in development it's just tweaking piety gain or costs.

Rogue is OK in my book... on the powerful side in more situations than most classes but still fun and interesting to play.

@Q3 - if you're willing to restart a few times to get a solid start I think most 2nd/3rd tier classes can find something useful to leverage on dungeons they're good at (cf purist crusader parched DI run), not sure that's just a problem with the rogue. The rogue's exaggerated stats just make it more obvious. Rogue is perhaps also stronger on Vicious dungeons (as long as he can make up the HP) just because the very high damage makes it much easier to clear monsters.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:51 am

Crusaders and rogues are both two of the best overall Vicious. The crusader mostly due to immunities and the rogue to to a great buff and an easily countered debuff. Also, Crusaders are practically better than tinkers at purist.

About DL: Awhile back I absolutely destroyed DL (all classes all badges, 100%), something I went on to do with all four directional Vicious, so they buffed it considerably. Waaaay overbuffed.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 am

TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:03 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Rogues really are a problem...

Still, I used every last resource to win this. Every potion (plus two kegs), one essential lucky dodge at the end, one 42 piety last chance. It really shows how brutally OP the rogue and DL is.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:21 pm

@Avatar, who can beat DL at the moment?

I've got a Vampire win - got damn close with a fighter before they cut Avatar's physical res, I'm pretty sure a bloodmage or wizard can win it if played right - been very close with both of those. I think I probably could do it with a stacking Crusader as well.
Blovski

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Probably Rogue, Warlord, Wizard, Vampire, Bloodmage, and Crusader. Maybe Tinker, Fighter, Paladin and Assassin. I'd be very surprised to see Berserker, Thief, Priest, Monk, Sorcerer, Transmuter, or Gorgon wins right now, but the community has surprised me before.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Agreed. Still, seeing as the other Vicious dungeons can be completed with just about every class right now, this seems out of place.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:44 pm

How in the world did you kill a lvl 5 at lvl one? Just curious.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons