[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Final dungeon/quest balance tweaks

Final dungeon/quest balance tweaks

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Final dungeon/quest balance tweaks

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Darvin

Postby FDru on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 pm

FDru

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:40 pm

I've actually managed it with a halfling just by converting everything there is and HP potion spiking him. Maybe I DINGED once during all that, I'm not sure, but there seemed to be just enough.

Use of LEMISI might've been involved in lvling, as I recall.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm

FDru

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Use Orc. It's the best at regen fighting.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 am

Agreed. Slow us a bit harsh, seeing as NOTHING can mitigate its effect. Perhaps making first strike stuff give you normal strike would work?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:29 am

I'd only be alright with that if it were restricted to active-use effects (WEYTWUT, GETINDARE, reflex potion, and entanglement). Passive effects like Rogue first strike, not so much.

On the other hand, swift hand already bypasses slow, so it's not without precedent.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Well, Swift Hands tops all. I agree on the active only though.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Is there a trick to Bloodmage Gold? Because I am once again completely stumped. Am I supposed to use PISORF? That might work, if the dungeon was conducive to repeated knockbacks...

(Also, I'm beginning to think that the Bloodmage should be allowed to drink bloodpools even when he's at full health, if he's not at full mana. It's kind of silly to be in a situation where you've run out of MP, yet there are a couple dozen bloodpools that you can't drink because you're at full health and the boss will 1-shot you so you have no way of reducing your HP.)

If Paladin Gold doesn't guarantee BICEPS, it should - that, or the Martyr Wraps (Piercing Wand might work, too, but I never got the chance to try it). I imagine it's theoretically possible to win just with EM's corrosion boon, but it would probably require both near-perfect play and a ton of luck. (Maybe include one or more of the above items as a drop from a sub-boss? Or put the Martyr Wraps in Paladin Silver and let him keep them for the gold challenge...)

IMO Priest Gold is too gimmicky, and too easy once you figure out the gimmick, compared with the other gold challenges.
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons