A little encouragement

All things Desktop Dungeons

A little encouragement

Postby GoatBot on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:57 am

GoatBot

Re: A little encouragement

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm

If the changes have somehow made the experience easier for any of you, let us know and we’ll be sure to rectify this mistake as soon as possible.

Well... I'll have to take a look and ensure this isn't the case.

Martyr Wraps now only corrode revealed foes (still works across subdungeons).

Interesting; this does weaken them, but it doesn't quite fix the problem of 1st level Monks being able to kill anything that cannot kill them in a single blow given enough patience.

Plate Mail now has the Slow Strike effect.

Gunna have to take it out for a spin and see if it still performs nicely. I think in the near future quite a few Tikki Tooki enthusiasts are going to be complaining about how this interacts with the reflex potion :twisted:

Piercing Wand lowers both magical and physical resistances.

So basically turns BURNDAYRAZ into a resistance shredder. Not bad if I've got nothing better to do with my mana.

Added tracking for some global profile stats.

Most welcome.
Last edited by Darvin on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:07 pm

(though distressingly, all stairs in the tower still go down. Ugh)

"Due to a Goblin architect who'd drank one too many Schadenfreude potions, the tower of Gaan-Telet was constructed upside-down. Rather than rebuild it, Horratio enslaved several orphaned wizard children and is forcing them to maintain an anti-gravity spell on the vicinity."
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 pm

"Due to a Goblin architect who'd drank one too many Schadenfreude potions, the tower of Gaan-Telet was constructed upside-down.

I like this, but the next part should be:

As a solution to this problem, the goblins imported a reality altering insect to invert space and time on the inside and outside of the tower. Every so often these bugs will shift around, causing the tower to collapse to the ground only to reconstitute itself minutes later, earning them the nickname "crash bugs"
Darvin

Postby flap on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Exciting things are looming for the Kingdom (exciting things which also happen to be pretty). Not there quite yet, but we thought we’d tease it a little in this week’s blog image

Youhou ! Early in pre-orders, long before the beta was available, I had promised myself not to play until that visual kingdom buidling was implemented. My loooong wait might soon be over and well rewarded. Great !
flap

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Added tracking for some global profile stats.

Can these be viewed yet? Or are you just tracking at this time?
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Darvin wrote:
"Due to a Goblin architect who'd drank one too many Schadenfreude potions, the tower of Gaan-Telet was constructed upside-down.

I like this, but the next part should be:

As a solution to this problem, the goblins imported a reality altering insect to invert space and time on the inside and outside of the tower. Every so often these bugs will shift around, causing the tower to collapse to the ground only to reconstitute itself minutes later, earning them the nickname "crash bugs"

Hah, nice! Although, that might make people less willing to try the level out...
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Darvin wrote:
If the changes have somehow made the experience easier for any of you, let us know and we’ll be sure to rectify this mistake as soon as possible.

Well... I'll have to take a look and ensure this isn't the case.

I have a sudden and strange feeling of guilt for some reason.

On the flipside, I also have a strange urge to rub the palms of my hands togather and grin viciously.

If I had a moustache I'd be twirling it right now.

PS EDIT: I <3 u guys :)
Lujo

Postby q 3 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 pm

The Nom Nom item doesn't seem to be working - it poisoned me but didn't add any extra max HP. I was a level 10 Rogue, 80 max HP, still at 80 max HP after consuming. (Didn't have the opportunity to level up or heal, as I was basically out of gas by that point. Managed six floors purist on my first run though, that has to count for something!)
q 3

Postby Kouriozan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Exciting things are looming for the Kingdom (exciting things which also happen to be pretty). Not there quite yet, but we thought we’d tease it a little in this week’s blog image.

Yes, yes!!
I'm hyped, OK it's a little too soon for that but I feel that I'll like what you are doing for the Kingdom :)
Kouriozan

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons