A little encouragement

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A little encouragement

Postby Darvin on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 am

I quite like it. It's aesthetic, and if I'm a Dracul/Earthmother worshipping Gorgon I know exactly which walls I need to bust to unearth my blood pools.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:14 am

I agree. The statues are cool and helpful in my opinion.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

I cannot for the life of me beat Fighter Gold. Sometimes I even have to restart a couple of times to get more favorable situations. On more than one occasion the one level 2 that spawns would spawn in one of the corners of the dungeon, or in later tries, other monsters would spawn there when I had no tools to get to them at all. Getindare is essentially useless because of the slowing effect on platemail, except for the dodge mechanic, but the mana used on saving for one dodge is better used on fireballing, pisorfing or anything else.
Am I doing something wrong guys, or have most of you already beat fighter gold before the slow change was made.?
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:11 pm

I just retried and beat it. You should prep a transmutation seal just in case a monster spawns in the corner. Play a goblin. Save BURNDAYRAZ, LEMISI, and BYCEPS for the boss. DO NOT use LEMISI before the boss. Use LEMISI and BYCEPS to whittle away as much resistance as possible. Prep +10% badge instead of RBS.

Remember this is supposed to be REALLY hard. It's a gold challenge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 am

Transmutation scroll is a good workaround, but I'll be fixing the spawn rules (hopefully once and for all) this week so that such a preparation isn't necessary.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Great, I've been wanting to prep a compression scroll.

The Avatar

Postby Kuranes on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Although a bit late. I would like to also get the encouragements if you leave. I think encouragements are a great idea, but once you hit the point of realising its better to simply leave the dungeon and get what little gold there is, you'll do that instead of walking into a death. And I am still at the point of dipping my toes in hard dungeons, and have only won a few times, so additional encouragement would be great. (Which is also partly why I've become so active here again)
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby Fran on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 pm

I heavily agree on this. I never had a single encouragement until now because I've always been running away when it was clear that there was no way to win the dungeon anymore.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 am

Very true. I have never legitimately gotten encouragement (I don't count the time I purposefully killed myself to see it).

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 am

Hmm. I like that idea. Will talk to the others.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons