[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A few thoughts on preparations

A few thoughts on preparations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A few thoughts on preparations

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Y'all are forgetting the MASSIVE upside to have extra exploration space. Those twelve tiles or so equal a full heal, better than potions or boosters any day.

The fact that it locks away boosters are what makes it balanced, otherwise everyone would be taking it all the time.
Bloggorus

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 am

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:16 am

I completely support this. Still, the prices make sense. You're renting the item. It costs more to rent better stuff.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 am

Bloggorus

Postby FDru on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 am

I like the Thief preps best of all. Bet on Boss is amazing after Horatio (like 800+ gold boss runs amazing), and pretty good in the early game. Black Market is my #1 most used prep ever, and Patches is fun. I'm indifferent about Smugglers Den, but I've always neglected regen tactics so I'm sure I'm missing out on something.

What I don't like are the Church preps. Penalties are too harsh. I'd rather just scum for the right altar instead. The extra altar is the only prep I ever use from there, but 95% of the time I just don't use any. Shame because the altar layout on the Church screen is so pretty.

The Bazaar is probably what I'd consider to be the worst set of preps currently. I just see no use for Quest Items or Elite Items unless I'm trying to find one to locker. Maybe that's the only reason they were put there, though...
FDru

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am

TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Quest items and carefull Class challenge unlocks let you sort of bring whatever in and always have Soul Orb, Poison Ward and Martyr Wraps. And used to be Platemail. Heck of a prep, that one.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah. The Scout preps are dead and gone. Still, I liked tyem so it's a shame they had to go.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:49 pm

I miss Scout Shops in particular. I'm honestly somewhat puzzled as to why all of them have been removed, given the devs' stated desire to have players not explore too much too quickly. Being able to quickly locate the things you're most interested in, without looking everywhere for them, is by far the best way to curb over-exploration.
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons