[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Two quickie suggestions:

Two quickie suggestions:

All things Desktop Dungeons

Two quickie suggestions:

Postby Wargasm on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 am

1) A button you can hold so that you can mouseover the monster info panel without it disappearing. Maybe Z or Shift or something. You don't generally need to do this often, but it would let you mouseover stuff like "burning" or "corrosive." The first time I found the Earthmother shrine, those plants confused the snot out of me because the Alpha didn't have Cursed or Corroded at it was not fun finding out what those did the hard way. :p

2) In the Menu uh...menu...put a Controls or Keyboard Shortcuts button to display stuff like the shortcut letter keys for spells (obviously number changes based on inventory position) and other information (like the keybind for suggestion 1.) This would be useful especially for things like if suggestion 1 already exists but I'm too much of a bozo to find it.
Wargasm

Re: Two quickie suggestions:

Postby Jestai on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 pm

I also have some suggestions. These are more about design. The game is top notch (congratulations), but the website has some little irratating (but fortunately easy to fix) limitations that have been bugging me for a while.

1) A favicon for the site, especially for the game's page, instead of the nondescript icon!
To save space, my bookmark toolbar has only icons (no names) and i'm sure i'm not the only one using that setup. Anyway, favicons are a must have for websites you're bound to come back to, right ? Any kind of goat would be fine.

2) The removal of clickable URLs right next to the game screen!
Do we really need to have the option to "Play DD - Beta" 1mm away of the game screen when we're already playing it ? Same goes for the password changer. Just some empty space between the game screen and these URLs would prevent most missclicks at no cost. As they mean instant death in this game (adios my Gaan-Talet best run yet, adios my Silver Bloodmage badge), this could be good for your "not using full screen playerbase" mental stability.

Less importantly:
3) Easier to find forum!
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I just never could find a forum button/link. Everytime I want to come here, I need to go though the news' comments. (Ok, I didn't want to look like a fool so i looked for it one last time and finally found it at the bottom of the FAQ, which doesn't strike me at a very intuitive location)

I hope you'll find time to look into that!
Cheers.
Jestai

Postby booooooze on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 pm

1) I think it's been brought up before; should be happening.

2) I scroll the window so that link up top isn't on the screen. I've never hit the links below the play area.

3) Forum link is on the play screen.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm

I just bookmarked the forums after visit one.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Jestai on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Well it happened to me like 3/4 times (TOUCHPAD) and they sure were infuriating :). It was probably my fault, but the game environment shouldn't allow a little screw up to kill your game, nor "force" the players to use little tricks like yours to play safely. Of course, this is by no mean a big issue, I'm just trying to give the best feedback possible.

The forum part was subsidiary. I simply feel that the forum (and the high quality wiki for that matter) could be promoted a little bit more in the main page so no one could miss it / everyone could reach it easier. I have bookmarked the wiki too, but i'm sure some players skipped the FAQ or read it once before really getting into the game and now are clueless about the existence of this goldmine!
Jestai

Postby q 3 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:21 pm

q 3

Postby Wargasm on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:15 am

Well FWIW, I'd much rather the "hold a key" or a clickable checkbox to view monster stats in detail than changing it to need two clicks to attack. Actually almost any solution would be preferred over two clicks to attack, in my book.
Wargasm

Postby JonahHollow on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:46 am

Another suggestion, I've said before but I'll say it again, rephrased a bit better. Situation damage boost from classtraits against higher level monsters or certain types of monsters should show the increased attack. They show the increased attack on the monsters health bar, but your damage stat number never changes, I'd like it very much if the damage stat number would temporarily change to the new number, maybe a different color, so I could do some faster easier battle calculations.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 am

They said there will be a few options. The two-click solution is just one of them.

As for the prediction they could put the number in green I suppose, but I would prefer if they could make the prediction bar do it for you. Just make the boosted ticks green and the normal ones yellow or something.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons