[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Restarting work on the wiki!

Restarting work on the wiki!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Restarting work on the wiki!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Okay, the devs have stated they're not going to make any more radical changes, so we should restart work on the wiki. I guess we should start with the sections that won't be changed (like monsters or items), because there's a lot of work left to do if we want to finish the wiki.

Here's a problem: The general monster page links to all of the pages that are Monster's name (Monster). Yet if you delete the duplicate page called Monster's name (after making sure Monster's name (Monster) has all the updated info) the link on the general page ceases to work. I did not make and do not understand the template that controls this so I'd appriciat it if someone more knowledgeable would look into it.

Also, I'm going to add a class challenges section to the Nav. It'll have the name of the classes. Each page should have a general description of all 3 challenges and links to their in-depth pages.

That's a start. Now we should start getting to work on it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Restarting work on the wiki!

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Probably just create a redirect to deal with the monster problem.

I also think we need to re-evaluate what we want for images from items. A lot of the images include the tooltip for the item, which makes embedding the image within a larger article impossible.

I've been fiddling around with content on some of the pages recently, particular with a mind to monsters. I suppose we should take a second look at the dungeon pages, as well. Some of those are very outdated and no longer respective of the level in question. For instance, Stheno on Hexx Ruins is now a pushover if you can achieve a total clear-out before the boss battle, whereas before she was still a formidable foe.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:26 pm

True. I guess just immediately redirecting Bandit to Bandit (Monster) would work, but the problem is Gorgons. Gorgon is the name of the CLASS page.

Agreed on the items. Just a picture is great. They'll either be on a random page, in which case the link to the item page will tell them what it does, on the general item page, in which case the table with all the items will tell them, or the page of that very item, in which case it will be obvious what it does. We do NOT need or want the description in the picture.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Jestai on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Quick note : http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... title=Gods uses an old, lacking index at the bottom instead of the usual one.
Jestai

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Good catch, Jestai. Fairly easy to fix, just swap out {{DD2NAV}} for {{MainNAV}}

Why don't you sign up on the Wiki and help out? We're all fans contributing however we can.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 pm

All the dungeon pages should be deleted/remade.

Also, I love the way we present the monsters. I'm going to copy that for bosses and stuff it on each Class Challenge/Dungeon page, so if anyone has the time grab their sprites too.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:25 pm

How do you create Template and other special pages?

I linked the page File:Retaliate: Fireball.png to Burning.png (because they have the same icon), and yet when you type {{t|Retaliate: Fireball}} it still claims that File:Retaliate: Fireball.png does not exist.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Darn, I wont have the time this month, but deffinitely count me in for "spike" info under either core or advanced tactics, not sure.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Yeah. We need to change the tactics pages. They're basically just copy & paste of the alpha pages.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons