[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - IMAWAL solution: Make statues breakable

IMAWAL solution: Make statues breakable

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: IMAWAL solution: Make statues breakable

Postby Lujo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Probably instead, but I could see it working in addition. It would need testing.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 am

Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:24 am

That's weird. It's knock back for everyone, yet you're kicking the walls. I like the 1 exp heroic vandalism and the current ability to spawn walls.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 am

Bloggorus

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 am

There's basically two reasons to create a wall out of nothing: (1) you need extra walls for Binlor's boons; (2) you need walls to smack a monster into with knockback/PISORF. Except in very limited circumstances for the latter (basically as a knockback-optimized Half-Dragon or Orc Wizard) you're doing that before battle, not during. That is, you spam walls in convenient locations while you explore, then stop once you start to fight, so it's not like you're spending mana on IMAWAL that you could be spending on BURNDAYRAZ.

It's a niche use to be sure, but I don't think it was meant as a panacea; it's just a (to me) intuitive alternative use for a glyph that has lost a lot of its usefulness as of late. (Lower XP bonuses make the +50% less valuable, and greater ability to get XP and other goodies from popcorn make the cost of petrifying them more prohibitive.) Given that the devs seem to be past the point of major changes, I think more subtle tweaks are probably the best suggestions. E.g., reduce the MP cost a bit, increase the XP bonus, maybe a buff to wall-knockback or statue-knockback versus monster-knockback (going from 25% damage when knocking into a monster versus 50% into a wall, to 50% into a monster and 60% into a wall has made walls a lot less important for knockback strategies, especially when you have two or more monsters to kill anyway).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:55 pm

These are my suggestions for the three glyphs I feel need attention right now:

IMAWAL: grant a small amount of CP for converting an XP-granting target, proportional to its level.

CYDSTEPP: Reduce mana cost. Warlords pay additional mana (ie, the current cost) when not at full health.

WONAFYT: the summoned monster is reduced to 66% health (bosses are immune to this effect)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Wow. Then WONAFYT would be a SUPER popcorn bowl. You could use it on stuff up to level 5 or 6 and get away with it. Maybe even more!

I don't know about CP. Lujo has demonstrated how brokenly out of control it can get.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 pm

I suppose, but it all depends on the numbers. You could get some runaway potion strats.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons