[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - What do you keep in your Guild locker?

What do you keep in your Guild locker?

All things Desktop Dungeons

What do you keep in your Guild locker?

Postby Wargasm on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I probably don't have some of the best stuff like the Martyr Wraps I keep reading about unlocked, but...

Tri-Sword: Does wonders any time I have to run a Halfling or Gnome.

Midas Gloves: General "I don't know what's out there" prep; I can always take this and extra apothecaries (or shop scroll) and be largely prepared for most situations. Converts well when all non-boss enemies are dead.

Platemail: If I'm going in with a physical resist class like Monk, or know I'm going to be gaining resists (Binlor worship, the 5% magic resist charm imps, et cetera.) I had a L10 Monk on the troll bridge level with 75% magic resist, 68% physical, and Platemail. Suffice it to say that was one of my easiest runs.

Crystal Ball: Breaks casters wide open, even with the gold cost (I've seen from old screenshots it used to not have that.) I never want to see this on the same map as Midas Gloves. Good thing I can't prep both.

Vampiric Sword: General good melee lovin'. Bonus points if I know I'm going to be going in with Dracul.

Whurrgarbal: The best answer I know of that largely melee classes have for dealing with Death Protection. Rarely prepped, but generally a lifesaver when I do. I imagine this is what Martyr Wraps would replace.

Something probably needs to replace Platemail too, I'm just not sure what.
Wargasm

Re: What do you keep in your Guild locker?

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Namtar's Ward and Avatar's Symbol just because they're trophies of sorts.

Dragonshield, Trisword, Martyr Wraps, and Crystal Ball otherwise
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 pm

I keep the three artifacts, the three new items (Platemail, Balanced Dagger, Stone Sigil), and an item of my choice (currently Tri-Sword).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:10 am

Funny, I just took Balanced Dagger out for Whurrgarbal because I read approximately 14,000 comments that it sucked and was useless. Seemed to me that it let you treat equal level stuff as level +1 stuff, but hey, what do I know?
Wargasm

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:21 am

I can't remember what exactly is in my locker right now, but Crystal Ball, Martyr Wraps, and Dragonshield are probably the best all-around items at the moment. Trisword, Alchemist Scroll, Fire Heart, and Rock Heart are all quite powerful but more niche.

The Balanced Dagger is fine in theory but nearly useless in practice, IMO, for two reasons: one, as a locker item, the Amulet of Yendor outperforms it in every way (it's nearly impossible to kill 25 same-level monsters in any dungeon other than maybe the Tower) and most of the above items will enable you to kill monsters 2 or 3 (or more) levels above you, which gives more bonus XP and saves more popcorn for later; and two, as a shop item, it costs too much, is worth too few conversion points, and has an effect that is too niche to be worth paying for nine times out of ten (or probably ninety-nine times out of a hundred).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:26 am

I just keep it around since I like playing with the three newest items.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:56 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:57 am

Very, very true. Now that plate mail is bad for Vamps, it might even be worth prepping Stone Sigil (for pacemaker hp or resists).

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:57 am

Vamp can't use Pactmaker anymore.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons