[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby Fran on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Fran

Postby Wargasm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

This in a thread about how Gaan-Telet probably is unbeatable currently? :p

EDIT: Good news, relogging worked.

Bad news: Now it's the Tower, with Goblin Thief Warmonger. Bwahahaha.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Dammit; got Horatio down to 1000 HP before running out of resources. Had a Paladin of Dracul with 124 damage per hit, pendent of health, and a few levels accrued with dwarven gauntlets. All blood pools and potions saved for Horatio, as well as using an item from a previous floor to put 3 layers of corrosion on him. If I'd had BYSSEPS, Martyr Wraps, Platemail, or Whurrgarbl I would have been able to pull it off :cry:

Race was human. Had HALPMEH, Fine Sword, Dwarven Gauntlets, Spoon, and Yang's Sword in my inventory for the final battle (all other glyphs converted; no cash remaining, about a dozen tiles available to explore)

Boon selection was: Blood Hunger (x1), Blood Shield, Blood Tithe (x3), several Blood Swells. I had 4 layers of corrosion from one of the statues on a higher floor (weakening cured with fortitude tonic), but that was it.

So definitely doable, but you need BYSSEPS or some form of accumulating damage bonus on damage reduction.
Darvin

Postby booooooze on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:55 pm

booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 pm

That was FUN! There wasn't BlahBlah though, and he did physical damage so you just stacked phys res like crazy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 am

I would like to say three things:

1. It is doable.

2. You can't win the dungeon.

3. I guess the unofficial contest is over.

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:01 am

Whoa. So even if I pull this off, I don't get my economy prices restored? Welp, time to make a new profile until this is fixed.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:03 am

Yeah, I know. 75 gold per trophy is a SERIOUS pain. It really does screw with your economy.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 am

Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:23 am

Yeah, thing is on that profile, all I have left to do is PQIs, Tower, and Vicious dungeons (and 11/12 gold challenges) - and I'm stuck in this loop where every 1st one is Venture or Den of Danger, and the second is ALWAYS Tower. The cakewalks aren't very exciting and Tower is not entirely impossible, but probably not possible with additional PQI restrictions.

Tower is busted, apparently. And I keep failing VHoS, which is why I'm suddenly hurting for gold to begin with. I mean I suppose I could do Golds to open some veto slots, but I'm not sure what I'd want to veto. Rock Heart? Witchalok Pendant? I never use either, but I keep thinking some day I will. Alchemist Scroll is probably the only thing I can think of. At -3 gold and a once per level restriction per use, I never want it. Ideally I never use potions before level 10, so an item that costs 13 gold to buy and 3 to use to give me 8hp is worse than both the health pendant and the troll hearth. Maybe if I played a Halfling/Gnome with Gloves of Midas and Apothecary, though...

Basically, I can't really think what I'd veto, because even the humble spoon comes in a lot of handy sometimes.
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons