[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby Wargasm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:05 am

I got it since the last update, so I think you're just unlucky. Actually I spawned it about 4 times before I actually had the spare gold at the end of a dungeon to snag it.
Wargasm

Postby Bloggorus on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 am

This is probably a good spot to request the Tower split into Hard and Vicious modes. I'd like to play both whenever i want...
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 am

Totally agreed. I like Gaan-Telet's style, but I usually don't have 30-90 minutes to sink into a Vicious run.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 am

Hrrm. Wiki said 20 levels of DP on the Indomitable. I see 50, and the Wiki calls the 20 version nearly impossible. I just keep winning today. :(

And I have to beat this with three classes to unlock Vampire. I can only guess Monk, Paladin, and either Bloodmage or Sorcerer? Oh, and apparently the Orb doesn't spawn in VHoS either? Happy happy, joy joy.

(On an unrelated sidenote, I did finish off Namtar. Hrrm...maybe his Ward in VHoS...)
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:22 pm

No. His Ward is not a very good item. Prep Binlor for early MR then convert into anyone (preferably GG or Drac) for after the rest of the dungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 pm

MR would work a lot better if 2/3rds of the enemies weren't Cursed. Unlike most other statuses (aside from Weaken and Corrosive) there's no immunity from items, and unlike every other status, no cure potion. Maybe Crusader? Heh. They're immune. I tried a couple of Berserker runs, thinking the MR would be clever. It was mostly irrelevant. :( I blew 4K gold on runs between Assassin, Rogue, Berserker, Monk and Paladin - about 50 runs. No successes, although Assassin and Rogue both came within a few hits a few times, via Tikki Tooki (double Edge early via desecrations, the Dodging, and 2-3 Reflexes, depending on whether or not Pactmaker is also being fueled.) Prepped Magnet, Extra Altar, Midas Gloves, Apothecary, and Whupaz/Burn Salve/Reflex/Quicksilver/Mana pots.

Best I ended up doing was Elf Assassin with Whurrgarbl and Platemail both purchased right before the bosses. Assassins seems to be a good pick because they can actually deal with the illusions without getting screwed.
Wargasm

Postby Wargasm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh yay. So after losing that 4K gold I mentioned, I got through two PQI runs and the third turned up the Tower with an Elf Monk and Faithless. Welp, my PQI is good as garbage for awhile. It may be time to start a new file where I'm not trapped with all trophies at 75g and an impossible PQI. :(
Wargasm

Postby Fran on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:12 pm

The PQI resets after doing a flaming dungeon.
Fran

Postby Wargasm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 pm

A "flaming" dungeon? I don't appear to have any such thing.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons