[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby The Avatar on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

A spindly little corrosive weakling with 50% magic res last time I checked.

I agree that the minions are usually the real boss in Vicious. I think the matron makes sense, but The Avatar? He's supposed to be the ultimate apocalypse-wielding demon yet he's weaker than two demonlords. 333 demonlords and a stronger Avatar is what I think should happen.

On the topic of NC: With poison, two kegs, Yendor and Drac as a free above-ground piety farm, it shouldn't be too hard. You can use fire and poison to beat the goo and reflex/quicksilver for Tomithy. The only real problems are Frank and Tormented. Frank is your melee test, Tormentor is your magic test.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm

One other Naga City strategy that I think works quite well is the GG Rogue. You'll need to prep GG and basically be monotheist, but it's fairly straightforward: absolve all the lv 1 and 2 monsters, get your attack stat as high as possible, then just crush everything. Tower of Goo and the Tormented One are chumps when you use Cleansing to get a temporary magic attack.

I think the real imbalance in Naga City is the altar situation - if you prep an altar (or play Crusader, maybe) there are quite a few strategies that can dominate. If you don't, you're pretty much screwed (except for the aforementioned fireball spam). It's probably the easiest vicious with preps, but much harder to get a purist badge on. (For the record, in terms of purist difficulty, from easiest to hardest: Dragon Isles, Namtar, Naga City, VHoS, Library [proof: 1 2]. I don't know if the Tower is even feasible, since Goblin Assassin was the only way I could do VHoS and the Library.)
q 3

Postby Wargasm on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 pm

He's still weaker than he used to be with mana burn. Now you can easily remove his DP with burning; the guy doesn't have time to build up corrosion on you and his damage and health are pitiful compared to the other bosses you slaughtered to reach him.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 pm

@q3: What's up with your win? It doesn't show any kills.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:37 pm

It's a bug - if your first level up is from a Goblin conversion, it won't display any kills.
q 3

Postby Wargasm on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:22 am

Okay, so now I'm down to nothing but PQI and Dark Souls for quests (and I haven't done Demonic Library, but I don't know of a non-bragging-rights reason to.) I still need to do 11/12 gold challenges (have thief done) and I have many, many badges still to earn. Anyone care to suggest which would be most viable?

Oh, and I'm having some learning issues with the Gorgon, I think. Of course the two runs I've done with her ended up being against Blahblah (undead, lawl @ ur poison) and Aequitus (50% death gaze doesn't mean a thing if he can do 157 damage vs. 120hp.) That may be just bad luck rather than me sucking the big one.

Side note; when we have a release candidate, I'd love to see a stickied new Kingdom Management thread (although the old one is largely accurate aside from EM coming before TT now and a couple of other minor things - but it also doesn't go all the way to the end or really even to Vicious.) Heck, depending how skilled I am by that time, I might do it. I think that's the best resource one can make right now. Especially from my perspective, because my first impulse was to clear out as many quests as possible ASAP, which means getting a lot of the different trophies ASAP, which means your economic crash starts sooner, which ultimately screws you. I know I can't be the only person to whom a quest log means "do these things immediately", which is the quickest way to screw your economy in this game.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

I shrug. It's a brag first and foremost. Maybe we'll get around to buffing, maybe not.

In other news, though, I'm working on a Wizard tweak this morning. As it so happens.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:17 am

Just change it to +6 or 7 base and the % effect. Then it'll be worth the 50 prep cost.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons