[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby Fran on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 pm

I'd also like to have it unlocked permanently (or as an alternative unlocked as a puzzle upon completion).
Fran

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 pm

The Hard goat boss was an accident, it has been fixed on my end.
Nandrew

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

So does that mean it will be fixed Friday? I'm tempted to try scumming up that win just for the bragging rights. Sort of like Absolute Virtue in FFXI; popping something that's not supposed to drop.
Wargasm

Postby Nandrew on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Hrm, not sure, actually.

We're still working this week, but we're currently at a games festival in Johannesburg and aren't taking things full-time right now. What's likely is that we may skip out on release this week and have a slightly beefier update next Friday.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

To beat current Hard Gaan-Telet, I'm curious as to what people thing is the best class: Monk, Bloodmage or Rogue?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:07 pm

I'd think it would have to be Monk, Paladin, Bloodmage, Priest, Warlord, or Tinker.

Monk and Paladin could resist-whore, and Paladin would get piety discount on stacking Blood Tithes. Bloodmage + Dracul + Ring of the Battle Mage + Crystal Ball + Piercing Wand could drag things out quite awhile. Warlord + Crystal Ball and Mystic Balance could get a pretty good CYDSTEPP chain going. With enough damage it might work. Tinker could assemble several elites that might get the job done. Maybe something like Crystal Ball, Fire Heart, HALPMEH, Zot, and possibly Wraps. Halfling Priest lucking out with Body Pact + JJ or something could maybe get a ridiculous life total and 12 potions or so. I'm curious how Rogue makes the list. With pretty much every non-Vampiric heal being percentage based, I see the low life total as a horrible disadvantage. Although I suppose maybe 3 stacks of Blood Hunger + Vamp Sword?
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Rogue can (or could) win Vicious GT, but since he needed 3 gods I guess he won't work.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Due to the purist constraint, I don't think Rogue will work. With effectively no time to convert into Dracul from a HP-granting deity (and a low chance of even finding such a combination in the right order) and no way to prep potions to fuel an alchemist's scroll, I don't see how you'll ever get enough HP to make it happen. Same general issue with Priest; purist is going to hurt him since he can't combo off anything.

Paladin should work much better here than on V-G-T, since there are fewer altar selections and it's entirely possible you'll only ever want one of them anyways. With the free HALPMEH glyph, discount on boons, and physical resistance already in place, he's probably your top pick for the job. He's my go-to guy for hard Gaan-Telet to begin with since he's such a reliable purist class. Bloodmage is also really great purist these days, so he's a superb candidate.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Well, Paladins can't switch Gods, so of course you'd only want one. Question is which; Dracul seems like the best still, since you can't actually be punished for HALPMEH usage; so carefully nurse your piety for Horatio, and try not to use HALPMEH until all your piety is spent. Downside is spending on Blood Swells has to be a last-ditch effort because Cursed will ruin your resist. I wonder what the optimal setup is, assuming 3 items max since it's asking far too much for any better luck. Dwarf with Platemail, Fire Heart, and Vampiric Sword with 2 stacks Blood Hunger, 3 stacks Blood Tithe, and maybe ~40 piety for 2 Blood Swells for the last stretch? You'd have a little physical resist still, -20 damage, and +30 life per hit, since H's resists won't affect your vampiric healing amount.

Only other thing that might work is JJ with several Health Boosts and a timely Chaos Avatar, I think. Or maybe some kind of deal with Body/Warrior pact and a piety farm.

If nothing else, this is definitely an interesting thought exercise.
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons