[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Soooo...Gaan-Telet purist...

Postby Wargasm on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 am

Ooooh, what kind of Wizard tweak? Other than a magical one. :p
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Well, they got me hyped, I like it when I get a chance to believe rumblings on the froums produced movement with the high-ups. Not saying the forums had anything to do with it, just that we can believe so ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 pm

The great thing about small communities like these is that we get to have direct conversations with the developers. That feedback process does have an impact on the game, even if the devs still have executive control over the matter.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Even if our own suggestions aren't used we raised the point, so they can use they're ideas.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm sure my own contributions to the discussion were small, but it's nice to find one of the ten internet forums remaining where peoples' post are judged by things other than the post count of the contributor. :p
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 am

What Darvin said - it was funny/weird couple of times when people assumed the Avatar (boss) was actually named after Avatar (the community member). It's the other way around, and Avatar was late to buy the extra-premium version, so there is no reference to him in the game. And if anyone earned it on the post count / thorough completionism stage it's probably him ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:48 am

I actually figured he was patterned after the in-game boss just because I've never been on a game forum where someone WASN'T named after the end boss, except during one closed beta where who the end boss was was kind of a spoiler and not to be discussed on the forum just in case someone got inside the private forum who shouldn't have, so the boss's name was only used on Skype. I've been referenced in a game or two myself for various reasons, so I know the feeling.

Sometimes people are just disheartening. You pop on a forum after playing a game awhile, make a semi-lengthy post - a few questions about design decisions, a couple of suggestions as someone who's not only an avid gamer, but has worked inside the industry since before he could drive legally, maybe post a couple of tricks you found to ask if they're intended to be that effective or kind of near exploit status, et cetera, and getting a response that is either in essence or word for word "ur an idiot stfu n00b." I mean obviously not someone to take seriously, but if you don't get any kind of intelligent response along with that, it makes you wonder.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah. This is the most open forum I've seen so far. People even say "Welcome to the forums!". You're not judged by skill level or posts, but ideas and suggestions. It's pretty ideal.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons