[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 am

FREE LEMISI? I'm in.

Actually, with regard to HALPMEH shenanigans it would be the same as the original. 3 mp for 4 healing per level, so that wouldn't be that broken. The only REALLY dangerous infringement is our PISORFer. 2 mana (or 1 with rock heart) is INCREDIBLE as an orc.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 am

If it's purely a financial reason, then a Kickstarter could fix that most likely. There's a good product here. Give everyone who donates to the Kickstarter beta access and you've got a product. Put the alpha up as a demo (maybe give it a quick graphic facelift, or include a preview of beta graphics, because lots of people are for some odd reason obsessed with appearances) to get people hooked, let it run for a month or so. I'm sure they could get a few thousand. No good ever comes of rushing a game. Ask Diablo 3.

14 MP has a slight edge over 13 for regen fighting, but yeah, my point was the 14 MP is about as useful as the -1 mana on Wizard.

-2 is...interesting. Because it's basically all of the upside of Mystic Balance with none of the downside. Of course MB is already a bad ability for most spells. (Actually Mystera is another thing I think needs a rework - all her buffs are done better elsewhere except Refreshment, and the 5 piety hit for killing hings with magical attacks is frickin' annoying unless you're on a map without any.) I'm not sure if this makes it overpowered or if MB is just really, really bad.

APHEELSIK gets priced about decent. You could get a burn-burn-poison chain for 13 mana, BURNDAYRAZ becomes a lot more chainable. I almost worry it would be a little too low, but I'd have to test to be sure. Offhand I'd feel more comfortable with Wizards doing more physical/fire damage to Burning targets. Makes Whurrgarbl amusing with them, too. :p I'll assume BYSSEPS and LEMISI stay at 1 mana, because 0 is silly. CYDSTEPP at 8 is fine. You're not very likely to use it anyhow, since it's chiefly of benefit to people without a nerfed attack.

GETINDARE is...interesting. When you are forced to attack, casting it at one mana just for the dodge chance is a great bargain. HALPMEH for three...wouldn't that do evil things with BLUDTOPOWA? Until you ran out of fog, anyhow. IMAWAL for three makes EM slightly more tempting and she's already a great pick for mana generating. ENDISWAL for four makes me almost not want to vomit at the idea of Binlor. PISORF at 2 will still be crap so long as Wizards have that attack nerf. WEYTWUT and WONAFYT are quite a bit more useful since their strain on your mana is their worst drawback anyhow.

I dunno, offhand I think like I said I'd rather BURNDAYRAZ just worked differently for Wizards, same like CYDSTEPP for Warlords or HALPMEH for Paladins.
Wargasm

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 am

Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:03 am

PISORF at two is NOT crap. I have a level 10 orc wizard with 400 CP. That's 60 base. 60% of 60 is 36. Stone heart makes it one mana. That means with a full 15 mana bar you have 14 PISORFs. That's 504 damage off ONE mana bar. If you bring a crystal ball, each mana bar will refill for 5 gold (effectively making PISORF cost 0 till you can't afford it.)

B2P would not be as much of an issue as HALPMEH is useless if you can't take one hit. That would be less broken than the sorcerer.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 am

Yeah, but that's a PQI thing even if it were at 2 though. It requires you're playing an Orc Wizard, which is normally only a good call if you're forced to use a Wizard on a highly magic resistant map anyhow. Even then, Rock Heart isn't something anyone would locker, so you'd have to rely on it showing up in a shop to count that in your math. Bringing a Crystal Ball wouldn't help any if that's all your using your mana for; only charges for spells that are at least 3mp. It would be decent if you uses fireballs to fill it the Ball and then PISORFs to spend the mana, though, once you're on your last refill or two.
Wargasm

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:19 am

TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:23 am

I'm for TigerKnee's suggestion. If only CYDSTEPPs could still be chained by normal people. Then that wizard could to some weird 6 mp CYDSTEPP chains.

The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:33 am

Wargasm

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 am

TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00 am

Very true. There's like 5 pages of news and 2 years of Beta. Or shorter.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons