[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sorcerer's and BLUDTUPOWA

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Well if one is good for elf and one is good for gnome, why not both? It might be a bit strong, but better a little too good versus a little to bad.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 pm

That'd be way too good. A human wizard who has 6 glyphs in his inventory will net +35% attack bonus after his class penalty (for a total of +65% after picking up boosters) and still get 19 MP. An elf wizard will have 27 MP, and a gnome wizard will have 19 MP and a boat-load of potions. And that's presuming you don't have any other items to boost yourself up. This proposed class feature alone would be godly.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Hrrm. What about half the CP on pickup, reduce remaining CP by half?
Wargasm

Postby gjaustin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

gjaustin

Postby Fran on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 pm

I really like the sorcerer, I find him easy to play while still having a lot of potential in capable hands.

However, I'm against the CP on pickup idea for the wizard. How is this supposed to work with hoarder?
I'd rather have him something that does not interact with conversion.

How about his attackbonus/penalty scales with how much % of his total mana he has?
That would be a bonus when he has full mana scaling down to the penalty he has now when all mana is depleted.
That would give conserving ressources a better purpose, e.g. losing the attack bonus slower.
Fran

Postby FDru on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:07 pm

FDru

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 pm

1) I thought about the whole make healing scale with level. Exactly how would health scaling per level work?

hp gain = (spell cast mana cost) X level ?

This then means that you get double worth out of HALPMEH once you hit lvl 5, and more than double after that. Why don't I see people saying this specifically isn't a good idea based on math? Is there any balanced yet ellegant math that wouldn't make HALPMEH an overheal/waste/OP rather fast?

EDIT: went over what q3 wrote. But I don't think that would fix his lategame lack of both damage and resists.

2) About the wizard - what Darvin wrote in the other thread is actually spot on - the Wizard actually has 2 abilities which help regen fighting (brawling? I don't like that term it implies fighting multiple people at once to me). I really wouldn't mind being able to cram more glyphs into my inventory on a decent resist stacker, that would be a huge thing. And his penalty is there to prevent him being good at it. If the devs could make him a better glyph based regen fighter though, that might be interesting.

All in all the weird thing is that the current Priest feels like a fighter, the current fighter feels like a wizard and the current Wizard feels like a Priest (seeing how thats the regen fighting building). The current thief feels like a tier 1 Tinker ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons