Allergies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Allergies

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 pm

What about making statues pushable?

That would be hilarious, and also probably not feasible.
Darvin

Postby harfatum on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Making them a cowardly 0-damage no-xp enemy with infinite defense would take care of a lot of it... besides the actually-being-a-wall part :P

Edit: heck, they could be breakable with a few hits, and the gold could be inside them... maybe you'd take a tiny amount of damage from hitting the statue, just to make it interesting?
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am

Making them like low-hp Soko-Trolls? AWESOME!

Actually, that'd be interesting. They could retain they're hp from the original form I guess. That would make for some very interesting EM and Half-dragon combos.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am

I'm making the guess that it is not possible in the game engine to be a monster and a wall at the same time.
So that suggestion somehow misses the point of them being turned into walls, doesn't it?
Not to say I don't like it, I only think this is a 180° turn instead of an addition.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:33 am

Hmm... True. Still, they could at least add the gold to your inventory.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 am

Pushable statues that aren't walls and that drop gold are probably more beneficial to the player than straight-up walls with gold underneath. Harder to block yourself in, and you could set up PISORF shenanigans. So it could be a minor buff to IMAWAL, which would be nice. Might need a new name though.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Kuranes on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 pm

harfatum wrote:Making them a cowardly 0-damage no-xp enemy with infinite defense would take care of a lot of it... besides the actually-being-a-wall part :P

This'd also open some doors when it comes to PISORF. This is actually the main reason I'd too like to see movable statues. :)
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons