[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Allergies

Allergies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Allergies

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Darvin

Postby harfatum on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Making them a cowardly 0-damage no-xp enemy with infinite defense would take care of a lot of it... besides the actually-being-a-wall part :P

Edit: heck, they could be breakable with a few hits, and the gold could be inside them... maybe you'd take a tiny amount of damage from hitting the statue, just to make it interesting?
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am

Making them like low-hp Soko-Trolls? AWESOME!

Actually, that'd be interesting. They could retain they're hp from the original form I guess. That would make for some very interesting EM and Half-dragon combos.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am

I'm making the guess that it is not possible in the game engine to be a monster and a wall at the same time.
So that suggestion somehow misses the point of them being turned into walls, doesn't it?
Not to say I don't like it, I only think this is a 180° turn instead of an addition.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:33 am

Hmm... True. Still, they could at least add the gold to your inventory.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 am

Pushable statues that aren't walls and that drop gold are probably more beneficial to the player than straight-up walls with gold underneath. Harder to block yourself in, and you could set up PISORF shenanigans. So it could be a minor buff to IMAWAL, which would be nice. Might need a new name though.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Kuranes on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 pm

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons