[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A few misc, minor (?) suggestions

A few misc, minor (?) suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

A few misc, minor (?) suggestions

Postby q 3 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 am

It would be nice if small items could display their stats, in abbreviated form, like their large counterparts do. E.g., the current damage dealt by BURNDAYRAZ or the current charges on a Fire Heart. Just the number value would be enough, really. It's something of a niche case (except for Wizards and Tinkers) but having to mouse over the item just to see whether it's charged up yet is a bit tedious.

This is an even more niche case, but I'd be quite happy if there were some indication of which monsters have already been affected by the Wicked Guitar. Maybe just add a "Wicked" status to their description. It's sometimes hard to figure out when and how often to use it when I can't remember if it's already targeted a monster that I don't want to make too strong.

It would be nice if the gold rewards for hard and vicious dungeons were increased, even a little bit. Particularly in the case of Namtar and the Library, which have neither trophies nor quest rewards. Maybe have a difficulty multiplier for gold rewards from new badges and class completions?

I think Berserkers should get their full +40% (+20 and +20) against level 10 monsters even when they're at level 10. They're kind of underpowered now as it is, and in vicious dungeons where you basically can't avoid hitting level 10 it's a significant weakness. Honestly, you could probably change their extra +20 to work against all same-level monsters (and still higher-level monsters, obviously) and I don't think it would be too overpowering. Might even get some more use out of the Balanced Dagger that way.

Mystera's Flames boon would be a lot more attractive if it spawned an extra BURNDAYRAZ glyph (zero conversion value, obviously). Particularly for those cases where you've either already converted it or haven't found it yet. The attack penalty is steep enough that it could use a little something extra, and it's also a little odd for Mystera to be one of the only deities that doesn't give out a free glyph.
q 3

Re: A few misc, minor (?) suggestions

Postby Darvin on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 am

Darvin

Postby harfatum on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 am

On the first point, the devs would have to be careful to not make it so that e.g. a fireball that does 4 damage doesn't look like it's activated by the "4" key on the keyboard.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Wargasm on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:33 am

Well I've argued before that Mystera is an extremely narrow deity who needs several tweaks to not constantly be a jobber to JJ, but meh. I actually kind of like the free 0 value Burn glyph because of the 100 CP you get from the original and I can think of a totally uncomfortable number of times I haven't prepped magnet but found an Mystera shrine before finding BURNDAYRAZ. I don't think it's enough on its own to entirely save Mystera in my eyes but a GIGANTIC STEP forward - probably 80% of the way, just because Flames can often be her weakest ability.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Flames giving a BURNDAYRAZ sounds good to me, would certanly prompt me to try out the flames boon. I don't remember ever taking it.

And the berserker vs lvl 10 issue might also be worth looking into.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:38 am

What if Berserkers got their attack bonus when attacking higher level monsters and/or bosses? It fits thematically and solves the problem without impacting the rest of the game. Mechanically, I think it's actually more consistent than the way it is now. Bosses are only level 10 in name. A normal monster would have to be level 15-20 to get a stat array like what they have.
Sidestepper

Postby q 3 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 am

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 am

Yeah. GG is awesome for berserkers. I take him above Taurog most of the time.

I agree in the case of flames. Mystera is one of the weaker dieties, and flames is one of her weaker boons.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons