[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Concept Week

Concept Week

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Concept Week

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Just ran into the graveyard subdungeon. At first glance my thought was "great, another no-explore subdungeon", and then I walked out with both the dwarven gauntlets and elven boots. A fully seventy GP worth of loot? Awesome stuff.

I also had a good chuckle about the forum-member shout-out. Then, after a moment of thinking it occurred to me: I've been active enough to have read 95% of the goings-on around the forums and I almost never see reference requests. I seem to recall a suggestion for "Lujo's flaming pants", and a couple people talking about the tombstones, but that's maybe 3 or 4 people tops. I tried doing a forum search, but I only found the discussions I already could remember off the top of my head. I'm not sure how many people have ever actually asked for a reference for themselves, but actually don't think it's a very large number at all.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 pm

We suggested Lujo with a still beating troll heart that gives 5% resists and globally corrodes on level up. Or some martyr wraps. Of course the tombstone is readable and amusing obituary of Lujo.

I'd like to have a tombstone, but I'm not sure what I'd be buried with. The completionist's something or other.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Fran

Postby gjaustin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am

Hah, that's awesome.

Except there's no j in that text, so I can't rearrange and it pretend it's an anagram including my forum name :(

Edit: Clearly it's an error, so I should go enter a bug report.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 am

Is that found in the south?

Are the other gravestones generic or specific?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 am

The other gravestones are mostly alpha references or unrelated stuff. Two of the gravestones spawn monsters that drop the elven boots and dwarven gauntlets respectively, so it's a very good dungeon if you can nab it early.
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 am

Heheh, true, the scale of the forum requests was exaggerated. :P
Nandrew

Postby gjaustin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:18 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Well if it's just a few of us, can we get obscure hints about us if were not getting name drops? Like "One who spammed incessantly" "One who's completed everything" and so on and so forth. It's not like were bumming for a name, adress and phone number with photos in there :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons